No announcement yet.

Grapevine 2019-2020 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, parked there numerous times without an issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      Its a know issue on a lot of public land...
      Sad thing is, its probably someone who hunts. I dont know how many thief's are smart enough to search for hunting dates on the TPWD website.

Comment

It is a bold moving stealing something from a fellas that is likely armed, wearing camo and in the woods just out of sight.

If the fella was foolish enough to do that, i hope he is foolish enough to get caught.

Comment

Enjoyed my first hunt on Lake Grapevine this week.

Got to watch a coyote at 50 yards for a solid 10 minutes. Pretty cool.

Saw a parking lot full of trucks.

Did any of you guys have more luck than me?

Comment

No deer at the Vine this year?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
              No deer at the Vine this year?
              No deer at the vine period.

Comment

We saw em, but the season wasnt open yet. Went scoutimg today around 2pm ran into multiple armadillos. Found a spot i may try on thurs when i have the afternoon off. I still need to put in alot of miles out there. Walked 3 today.

Comment

Them armadillos are really deer in camo. I talked to a racoon out there that was selling armadillo camo to deer. It's all the rage.

Now that I've read what I wrote I've decided to really quit drinking...for now.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    Them armadillos are really deer in camo. I talked to a racoon out there that was selling armadillo camo to deer. It's all the rage.

Now that I've read what I wrote I've decided to really quit drinking...for now.
                    I was hunting LBJ Saturday evening and had one run through the grass at me. I couldn't see it until it got right under me; it gave me a little scare. They make a lot of noise!

Comment

Hello. I’m new to the forum. Did anyone do any good at Grapevine over the weekend?

Comment

Il be out there in the am.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                          Il be out there in the am.
                          I’m going to give it a try after work tomorrow. First time hunting at Grapevine. It looks pretty thick from the look of it. Haven’t had a chance to walk it much. Just going off of what the maps look like.

Comment

New to hunting in DFW - how is this area for hunting with kids? Not able to hunt there this year, but might try next year.

Comment

Got rained out last week on my days off. Il be up and at em early in the am tmrw.

Comment

Hunted this evening for a short bit. Took my son w me whos 8. Had 2 hogs come. One at 30 another at 10. Both got a pass. A deer wont be so lucky. Woulda had easy shots on the hogs, but im not tracking a hog at night, shot one last week and have enough hog meat from it

Comment

Working...
                                X