This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Texas coaches got schooled yesterday by Ou. It is amazing the amount of times that Lincoln got CeeDee on a Texas LB. I know all the tackling was atrocious yesterday, but I think Texas played out of position the entire game leading to playing several steps behind the whole game. I think this played a part (OU's elite athletes played most of that part) in all the missed tackles. Texas was playing from two steps behind all day.

I think the field position game was a huge part of the game that most people are not talking about. I think Texas was handcuffed the from the start and the game was dictated by OU. In the end, OU was better (players and coaches) but I walked away knowing Texas can beat them if they get another shot at them. Texas has played with OU and LSU (lost to both), so they in the neighborhood of the top tier in college football. If they want to continue to prove that, they need to go win the rest of the Big 12 games and see OU in December.
    I definitely noticed the field position advantage OU had. It started from the first kick. They started at their 35.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

OU’s D was much better than I thought they were. The offense was sputtering yesterday and finally the defense bailed them out.

Comment

College Football 2019 - Week 7

Duvernay took too many chances trying to make something happen instead of taking the fair catch which exacerbated the poor field position.

Texas starting drives:

Own 32
        Own 7
        Own 10
        Own 24
        Own 21
        Own 13
        Own 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          OU’s D was much better than I thought they were. The offense was sputtering yesterday and finally the defense bailed them out.

They were relentless! I don’t ever remember seeing an OU defense fly to the ball like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeFootballPoll

Tulane had 55 votes to ATM’s 3.

$omeone need$ to check their ROI.

You try so hard. [emoji23]
            Tulane ain’t beating anybody in the SEC outside of Vandy. Your Bama *** whooping is coming. Hold your gators swamp boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Sputtering offense = over 500 yards and 34 points. The two turnovers kept the points down.

I bet you loved that D. Looked like Sooner Ds of yesteryear.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Duvernay took too many chances trying to make something happen instead of taking the fair catch which exacerbated the poor field position.

Texas starting drives:

Own 32
                Own 7
                Own 10
                Own 24
                Own 21
                Own 13
                Own 7

If my math is correct. Average starting position was the 16 yard line. It seems OU’s was midfield.

Comment

They were relentless! I don’t ever remember seeing an OU defense fly to the ball like that.

See the 2000 National championship game or the 2004 TX/OU game.

Comment

Washington State has a top tier offense and we were able to win. Freshman qb is legit. We didn’t have any turnovers and won on the last drive. We still gave up too many yards but Leach’s air raid is hard to shut down

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Sputtering offense = over 500 yards and 34 points. The two turnovers kept the points down.

I bet you loved that D. Looked like Sooner Ds of yesteryear.

Best showing in probably 4 or 5 years, maybe more. Bama 2014 would be close. Your right about the turnovers. Could have been 17 or 21-0.

Comment

Texas needs to search high and low and spend a scholarship for a new punter!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                          You try so hard. [emoji23]
                          Tulane ain’t beating anybody in the SEC outside of Vandy. Your Bama *** whooping is coming. Hold your gators swamp boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          They would beat you.
                          And, why are you depending on other teams to do your job?

Keep this up and the SEC will trade you in for Kansas.

Comment

https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeFootballPoll

Tulane had 55 votes to ATM’s 3.

$omeone need$ to check their ROI.
                            Who knows, they could be as good as that 2017 Troy team.

Comment

Texas starting drives:

Own 32
                              Own 7
                              Own 10
                              Own 24
                              Own 21
                              Own 13
                              Own 7

When he finally did try and fair catch a kickoff he muffed it and we started on the 7.
                              Texas D kept us in the game until they finally got too tired. #25 Foster is pitiful. He needs to be benched. He acted like he was afraid to tackle. Hell he missed Lamb twice on the same play and never laid a hand on him.

Comment

They would beat you.
                                And, why are you depending on other teams to do your job?

Keep this up and the SEC will trade you in for Kansas.
                                Bama has beaten your *** for the last 9 years in a row.....and we spanked your *** last year. The last thing you should be doing is running your mouth about either school. Scoreboard *****!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X