Coopers's BBQ - Katy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Yep. Lum's is WAY better BBQ in Junction.

100% agree, we always make sure to stop by lums on our trips to the lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      It's a different style. Cooked directly over coals. The brisket is not central Texas mecca quality but other things are good. The big chop and the ribs are tasty. I don't eat sauce on BBQ except at Cooper's. That stuff is liquid crack.

Definitely overpriced due to the popularity. The overall experience is good.

New Braunfels location is just like Llano.
      I agree with this, except I've never been to the NB location.

The Pork Chop and the Friday night ribeye are outstanding. If you want brisket, get the burnt ends which are closer to what I want out of brisket. Sometimes they have cabrito, which is ****ed good. And, it is the only place I get anything dunked in sauce.

The Cooper's in Llano has the distinction of being one of the few places that I think is better now than it was the first time I went there about 20+ years ago.

Comment

Curious what changed in the Coopers in Llano? Different quality of meat? Different cooking method/woods? Why would they try to fix something that wasn't broke?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Coopers in Llano is average at best. It is nothing like it was 25 yrs ago. Always crowded and way over priced. South Side in Cherokee is much better
          This.

If you've been to any of the current high-end BBQ joints, you will be disappointed with Coopers in Llano. It's nothing special at all.

Comment

Thumbs up !

There are those needing to justify standing in line at the latest trendy joint, sometimes things seem to taste better when you are starving and aggravated.

Coopers is as good as it needs to be.
            Last edited by Johnny44; 09-24-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
              I am not a great fan of Coopers so I won't be driving to Katy. I don't prefer their sauce, it's thin and vinegary. The one in Llano is always so crowded with tourists that I seldom eat there. I much prefer Opie's in Spicewood. The best bbq to my tastebuds and that includes Killens which is 3 miles down the road from me in Pearland.
              If you need a lot of sauce on the meat then it aint no good to start with.

Back to the OP's question. I had coworker say it was but I cant confirm it on FB nor web page.
              Since 1962 Shop Now! TOUR OUR TEXAS LOCATIONS Austin Downtown 217 Congress Ave., Austin, TX 787017 Days A Week, 11am-10pm(512) 474-4227 Visit Website College Station Aggieland 3055 Earl Rudder Fwy South, College Station, TX 778457 days a week, 11AM-9PM(979) 485-5227 Visit Website Fort Worth Stockyards 301 Stockyards Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76164Sun-Thurs: 11AM-8PMFri-Sat: 11AM-9PM(817) 626-6464 […]
              Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 09-24-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Coopers in Junction is garbage, might as well go to Mcdonalds on the other side of the street.
                Ditto on coopers in stock yards. Very unimpressed. Don't understand what the hoopla is about

Comment

coopers was never the same after George and Tommy Cooper sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Coopers in Junction is garbage, might as well go to Mcdonalds on the other side of the street.
                    If you can find a place to park. That valero is always packed.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Ditto on coopers in stock yards. Very unimpressed. Don't understand what the hoopla is about
                      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Yep. Lum's is WAY better BBQ in Junction.

100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          The best barbecue in Katy is Brett's hands down. Why anyone would want to put another BBQ place in Katy is beyond me. You have Spring Creek, Red River, Harris County, Midway, Big Daddy's, Brett's, Corky's, Rudy's and I'm sure that there are a few that I'm forgetting.
                          I am not sure that Big Daddy's qualifies as barbecue...

I agree on Brett's. Seriously, best in Katy.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                            Thumbs up !

There are those needing to justify standing in line at the latest trendy joint, sometimes things seem to taste better when you are starving and aggravated.

Coopers is as good as it needs to be.
                            There is a Cooper's in Junction next to IH10 and a Lum's on main street in Junction, neither one is "trendy". I can assure if you sample brisket from each one, you will throw rocks at Cooper's when you drive by it.

Comment

Odd man out. First trip to coopers in llano had me excited. Waited in line etc. Mediocre at best. The 2 times Ive been to the junction location I thought it was better than llano by far.

Not the best Ive had but better than the place with all the hype

Comment

I still like Llano. The one in downtown Austin is a 7 iron from my office and the best location outside of Llano.

FYI, Blacks on Barton Springs in Austin recently raised brisket to $22.99/lb. My dad was there last night at 8:30pm and the line was to the door.

If I had only one place to eat at the rest of my life is would probably be Kreuz, Southside or Terry Blacks.

Lots of people are down on Hard Eight in Stephenville. We eat there every other Thanksgiving while headed to Loving. Never been disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X