2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 LBJ Grassland

Went and checked cameras. 2 out of 3 are still there but one is gone! Good news is the fella that took the wild game innovation one is on one of my other cameras! I’ll be seeing him this bow/rifle season. Hope he has a good stroll through the woods once he wakes up.
    People like that just like to ruin the fun for the rest of us. Karma or me will get him this year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gbrison View Post
      Went and checked cameras. 2 out of 3 are still there but one is gone! Good news is the fella that took the wild game innovation one is on one of my other cameras! I’ll be seeing him this bow/rifle season. Hope he has a good stroll through the woods once he wakes up.
      People like that just like to ruin the fun for the rest of us. Karma or me will get him this year though.

Contact the Forest Service Officers or the local Wardens. Send them the guys picture so maybe they can get it taken care of. Does the picture have him holding your other camera or was it just in the same area?

Comment

He’s holding it in his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
          Contact the Forest Service Officers or the local Wardens. Send them the guys picture so maybe they can get it taken care of. Does the picture have him holding your other camera or was it just in the same area?
          Be sure and tell them you had only put it out a day or two before. The FS has a rule that cameras, stands, etc. can only be placed on the Grasslands for 72 hours and must then be removed. Stupid rule in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
            Be sure and tell them you had only put it out a day or two before. The FS has a rule that cameras, stands, etc. can only be placed on the Grasslands for 72 hours and must then be removed. Stupid rule in my opinion.
            I agree with it on stands but not on cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
              I agree with it on stands but not on cameras.
              I'm with you on the stands but cameras.......... I just don't see a problem.

Comment

How far does one have to be from roads, trails and property lines? I've been looking for that in the orders and publications but don't see it. I remember being told there was a distance by the staff but I can't remember it. I've been using 150 feet.

Comment

Is there a way of deciphering White Oaks from other oaks by looking at maps? I con locate oaks easily, but don't know if there is a difference in the way a white oak, or stand of them, looks from up above.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    How far does one have to be from roads, trails and property lines? I've been looking for that in the orders and publications but don't see it. I remember being told there was a distance by the staff but I can't remember it. I've been using 150 feet.
                    I could be wrong, but I believe it's 150 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack15 View Post
                      I could be wrong, but I believe it's 150 yards.
                      That is correct. It's 150 yards on each side of the trails. Just taking the buffer around the 75 miles of muti-use trails x 300 yds., it works out that more than 40% of the 20,000 acres is off limits to hunting. That doesn't include the recreation areas, hiking trail, Unit 47, roads and boundaries.

The horseback riders are lobbying the FS to expand the trail system.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                        That is correct. It's 150 yards on each side of the trails. Just taking the buffer around the 75 miles of muti-use trails x 300 yds., it works out that more than 40% of the 20,000 acres is off limits to hunting. That doesn't include the recreation areas, hiking trail, Unit 47, roads and boundaries.

The horseback riders are lobbying the FS to expand the trail system.
                        Because 75 miles isn’t enough when you think you own the place.

Comment

Thanks. I wish onx had the ability to mark a distance from trails and boundaries.

Comment

It does

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                              Thanks. I wish onx had the ability to mark a distance from trails and boundaries.

Go to map tools- Line distance.

Comment

I've used that to place markers at a distance but I wish you could enter a distance and have the program draw the hunting boarder.

Comment

Working...
                                X