Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30-45 minutes

Comment

Usually an hour before the feeder goes off (feeder goes off 10 minutes after crack of dawn).....45 minutes minimum. Maybe a little more if its my first trip to that blind for the weekend and I plan on hunting it all weekend just to get my crap set up....camera, booster etc. I like to get all settled in myself, cool down from the walk in and then just sit back to get my mind right. I can check in with my buddies hunting across the state too via text. I open my curtains and the shooting window about 15 minutes before the feeder goes off. I like the quiet idle time before the hunt personally.

Comment

Atleast 30mins before legal shoot. Try for 45mins-1hr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ‘try’ to be in the stand 30 minutes before light. But by the time I get the boys up, delivered to their spots and any other number of things...... I usually don’t need any light going in. Haha.

Comment

I'm usually in and settled by 5:30, first shooting light in my set is approx 6:45.

Comment

An hour and a half before legal shooting time. Just so I have time to get settled and go back to sleep for an hour...

Comment

I worry I push deer walking in, so I get there an hour before legal.

Comment

I try to get in my stand as close to legal shooting time as possible...as soon as I can see to slowly and quietly walk in without a flashlight. The less time you are there the less your scent will be around your stand, especially if it's humid and cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                    I try to get in my stand as close to legal shooting time as possible...as soon as I can see to slowly and quietly walk in without a flashlight. The less time you are there the less your scent will be around your stand, especially if it's humid and cold.

These are my thoughts as well. You can bump them at 4:30 the same as 6:30. I hate to use a flashlight coming in, and I’ll get my extra sleep in bed!

Comment

I used to always get in the stand 1-1.5 hours early and then nap. Now I try to get in the stand about 30-45 minutes before first light. I follow a road right up to my stand. I have found out that if I just walk normal I don't make as much noise as when I try to be quite. So I just walk straight to the stand and then I hand corn a gallon of corn between the stand and the feeder. I get into the stand and on a full moon morning I can see deer eating the hand corn before I am even set up in the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        I walk in the last 2-300 yards light enough to see to shoot
                        Exactly what I do.

I walk in at gray light and even set up my saddle at gray light. I am not hunting feeders though. Totally different game up here.

I learned this from a guy up her that has multiple Boone and Crocket bow killed deer on the wall. One this year on October 30th that went 211 and change.

I can see if there are deer in the cut corn or food plots and adjust my strategy instead of blowing them out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Put on a pair of swimming goggles to protect the eyes and use no flashlight. Turn screen brightness down on your cell phone and watch gps to get to stand or blind.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                            Put on a pair of swimming goggles to protect the eyes and use no flashlight. Turn screen brightness down on your cell phone and watch gps to get to stand or blind.

You’re kidding right?

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                              You’re kidding right?

Never tried it. How does it sound to you? Maybe crawl on hands and to keep a step rhythm like a 4 legged animal. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                                Never tried it. How does it sound to you? Maybe crawl on hands and to keep a step rhythm like a 4 legged animal. [emoji23]

Thank goodness! I know I’m a lazy hunter but dang[emoji23]! Does sound like a good trick for a newbie[emoji51]

Comment

Working...
                                X