No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millennium came in this week. Got it assembled and tested mounting and hauling it on my game cart. Made a few tweaks to the game cart. I added some cheap foam pipe insulation to cushion the cart from the tripod. Couple of straps and it pulls great! Relatively quiet as well with the addition of the foam. Still plenty of room to stow my backpack and whatever else. Carries much better with the seat removed from the tripod. It’s an easy reinstall and i can unpack and assemble the stand in under 3 minutes. Still need dang tires, but we are 90% there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
      I would absolutely recommend spare tubes, tube liners, tools, and a pump as stated earlier. Ebikes are awesome till they get a flat. Then you’re pushing a really heavy bike. Those fat tires also come off the rim when flat and rub the fork making it even worse.
      yes sir...you are correct. I did have a little juice left to help push the bike. But I was 4 miles into unit 2. Rear tire went flat and 2 CO2 canisters and it would not hold air. LONG WALK back.

I had liners & the high dollar slime. I may pour a butt load of slime next go around.
      Met up with Benson and rode around. I took us into some bad stuff. Water/marsh was deeper than I thought. Sorry Ben. I know where NOT to go. my ebike needs a good cleaning.

The good news ...They mowed/shredded the trails/roads. The bad news ...they mowed/shredded the roads. the roads were covered in thorns from bushes and mesquites that were shredded.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

I had liners & the high dollar slime. .....The good news ...They mowed/shredded the trails/roads. The bad news ...they mowed/shredded the roads. the roads were covered in thorns from bushes and mesquites that were shredded.
        Thanks Huntindad. I enjoyed the tour. It was challenging to say the least. I learned a lot about myself and the area. Mostly how physically unprepared I am. LOL! This hunt will definitely challenge you physically. I was toast by midday when we parted ways.

Liner and slime appears to be a weak solution. I too ended up with a flat tire the following day. I haven't done the forensics on the tire but suspect there will be a thorn hole some where on the side wall missing the liner.

Comment

I was told by a buddy that there would be no in person orientation mtg this year due to covid? Can anyone confirm this? Is there something online instead or just a rumor?

Comment

Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge Exotic Only Hunter Orientation.Please watch this video for information regarding rules and regulations on the 2019/2...

Comment

That did not mention tarping your truck or cattle fever ticks.

Comment

There was a separate email for that type of stuff. Basically, just take the MEAT ONLY out of the field and you don’t need to do any extra steps.

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
                  There was a separate email for that type of stuff. Basically, just take the MEAT ONLY out of the field and you don’t need to do any extra steps.

? I only got the one email with my permit attached and the rules (which says mandatory orientation at 9am).

Comment

I’m sure Sergio will send out another email with your new requirements like they did with us. We’re hunting now and we just got the updated emails with rules and procedures on Wednesday

Comment

I’m here now. Shot a big bull this morning. The orientation is online and if you bring hide out it has to be treated or frozen for 24 hours before it can leave the property. When I went to the check station I caped out my head and the tick lady took my hide, tagged it and put it in the freezer with the tarp I used to keep the animal off the ground while I dressed him. It’s really not that big of a deal but I would bring a couple tarps.

Comment

Mudmauler and rlum, what hunts are you guys hunting right now? None of the archery hunts started till November?

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                          .... Shot a big bull this morning. The orientation is online and if you bring hide out it has to be treated or frozen for 24 hours before it can leave the property.
                          I spoke to a gentleman at Laguna Atascosa. He said this was not obligatory, but optional for research. He mentioned that there would be no check in or check out.
                          I was asking about archery dates though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                            Mudmauler and rlum, what hunts are you guys hunting right now? None of the archery hunts started till November?
                            The exotic rifle hunt from last April got postponed until this weekend.

Comment

Well that’s a load of crap for us archery hunters! I understand things get postponed and moved but why right before the archery hunts? Good luck on the rest of your hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                                The exotic rifle hunt from last April got postponed until this weekend.
                                How was game activity? I’m doing rifle hunt I’m January

Comment

Working...
                                X