Lake Conroe closed to boating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
    That’s the price you pay if you built too close to a public street and didn’t take high water into consideration. No one is gonna push water into my house. No matter how high it gets.
    Idiotic, disrespectful and selfish responses are what I see in your posts to this thread. 1 weekend of inconvenience to your "hobby" is worth more than weeks, months or years of reconstruction or replacement of someone else's property? You do realize when property damage or loss occurs, it's effects ripple much larger than simply the insured owners? Hail, the more times I read your comment above and think about all the people we pulled out of homes while trucks were making 2' wakes during Harvey, the more I want to ........nope. Can't say it. You're not worth getting banned over. But some people need to be punched in the mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      This is for sure. Hang on. No way that the let the houses on Conroe flood. But you trashy people down stream

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Yup, east county and parts of kingwood gonna get smoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do they draw that lake down in anticipation of spring? I’m not sure if it’s a constant level lake or what, but if a 2-3’ rise threatens property, I’d have to agree with those saying the homes are way too close!

Comment

Last edited by arrowsmack324; 05-02-2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
            Do they draw that lake down in anticipation of spring? I’m not sure if it’s a constant level lake or what, but if a 2-3’ rise threatens property, I’d have to agree with those saying the homes are way too close!
            They started lowering the lake 2’ during hurricane season to reduce dam releases that flood Kingwood.

Comment

Lake Conroe has been down a couple feet from normal pool the last few times I’ve been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                Idiotic, disrespectful and selfish responses are what I see in your posts to this thread. 1 weekend of inconvenience to your "hobby" is worth more than weeks, months or years of reconstruction or replacement of someone else's property? You do realize when property damage or loss occurs, it's effects ripple much larger than simply the insured owners? Hail, the more times I read your comment above and think about all the people we pulled out of homes while trucks were making 2' wakes during Harvey, the more I want to ........nope. Can't say it. You're not worth getting banned over. But some people need to be punched in the mouth.
                Well said! I definitely agree!!!

Comment

I wonder when people are going to realize that continuing to pour concrete and channel water into single sources is going to be a good idea. The people downstream get screwed everytime a new subdivision or parking lot is put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                    I wonder when people are going to realize that continuing to pour concrete and channel water into single sources is going to be a good idea. The people downstream get screwed everytime a new subdivision or parking lot is put in.
                    Bingo. Been stressing this for years. Also know that there are risks with owning a house near the water. Thats why I would never own there.

In terms of wakes, it is normally the idiots in those houses that own the boats that are the problem, not the weekend idiot out trying catch a fish. The wake from a bass boat or john boat is not a destructive wall of water like the wake from a “fun” boat hanging in most of those slings. Protecting them from theselves is what I see.

Comment

I will say this. It really has nothing to do with a lake. It has to do with selfishness and lack of consideration for your neighbor. It is sad that a judge or Fire Martail has to issue a temporary ordinance. Upstream, downstream, i dont care what it is labeled. Care enough about others to inconvenience yourself to help them. But I guess that is a whole lot to ask of some

Comment

Yes it was at least 18” low since they lowered it a few weeks ago. Then everyone griped that it was low. I’m really surprised it rose that much with only about 5” in the water shed.

Comment

It’s dropping now, they will give an update this afternoon for how long it will be closed.

Situational Update: May 2, 2021 9:00am

Water level at Lake Conroe is beginning to decrease. With no additional rain in the forecast today, SJRA and MoCo Constable Precinct 1 will continue to monitor lake level and open Lake Conroe as soon as it is safe to do so. Reservoir releases are holding steady and not expected to increase. The Constable’s office urges boaters to tie up their vessels to assist with boating safety. If you find your boat is missing, contact the Sheriff’s office non-emergency line 936-760-5800. We will provide another update Sunday afternoon. Real time lake conditions available below.
                          Last edited by kurt68; 05-02-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            i will say this. It really has nothing to do with a lake. It has to do with selfishness and lack of consideration for your neighbor. It is sad that a judge or fire martail has to issue a temporary ordinance. Upstream, downstream, i dont care what it is labeled. Care enough about others to inconvenience yourself to help them. But i guess that is a whole lot to ask of some
                            x 1000!

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                              I live on the lake and I'm glad they closed it, makes for a good day without the idiot wake boaters.
                              Many lakes, have taken positive steps, to ban wake boarders...........
                              They are, a menace to property and a hazard to navigation...........

Comment

A few really ignorant comments on this thread. It doesn't surprise me though because I see that kind of asinine behavior on the lake all the time.
                                Reality is there is more than property protection involved.
                                Shore line erosion is a factor, rescue personnel who would be hazarded by trying to negotiate debris when someone with a boatload of kids hits a log and needs rescued, people who drive over spillways in low light, people actually hitting boat Docks in low light/dark because with them flooded, their power is off and their dusk till dawn lights aren't on.
                                These terrible government people have a bigger responsibility to deal with than is your weekend inconvenienced.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X