No announcement yet.

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a mature whopper. Congrats to her@!!

Comment

Congratulations to your wife! Her patience paid off big time. Nice buck.

Comment

Nice deer congrats to her!

Comment

Congrats to her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice deer.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Dad and I have seen plenty bucks the last 2 days. Just nothing worthy of a bullet or arrow.

He had deer all in feed pens this morning and all the deer I saw passed it. I went ahead and stayed for the afternoon. Armed with a suppressed 223 thirty yards from a feeder and surrounded by oak trees. Hopefully the 3 rounds of 9mm I sent after pigs here last night doesn't ruin pork chances again

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s a pic of the deer I had been hunting for the last few weeks. Congrats to the hunter who got him! Also not pictured is a 3-4” G4 on his left side. A true ETX giant. Not sure what he taped out at but I believe has north of 160””
                Attached Files

Comment

That is a brute of a deer.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    My son finally gave in on shooting a doe as a first archery deer last night. He never did see that buck I saw yesterday.

I ended up seeing 5 different bucks and 3 does. The bucks were alone and just grazed thru the woods.

Exactly 9 years to the day he killed his first deer ever and last night he shoots first archery deer

That's awesome. Tell him congrats! Any bow deer in east tx is a trophy!

Comment

My son Josh (ChewJr on TBH) got a nice one at our little lease in Polk County. Mr. Main Beams.

Click image for larger version

Name:	josh1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	24637586

Name:	Josh2.jpg
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	24637587

Name:	Josh3.jpg
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	24637588

Name:	Josh4.jpg
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	24637589

Comment

Marion Co. chasing doe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

More of the same. All horn was small

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                            There's going to be a lot of traffic at the beginning of season the just like everywhere else it slows down. I've never had problems with the roads untill last year on the very southern portion north of 83. I slid all over the roads as they were still rutted from timber harvest and a down pour. If you have a doe tag I under hunting bannister but I prefer to hunt other parts of ANF if I can. There's deer all over the forest though just try to find where they are avoiding pressure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                            Appreciate all the input. I as well was dealing with the sloppy roads off 83. Used to have a lease around that area and I would take a south road sometimes and it was a battle for sure. I'll be there most of the week while on vacation. Hopefully not too many people are thinking the same as me ha.

Comment

Just getting caught up! Keep the pictures coming! ^^^ some great bucks being pulled out of the pine this year!

Comment

Anyone headed to the pines starting tomorrow during this "cool" front? I'll be there tomorrow afternoon through probably Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X