No announcement yet.

Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might as well get back to work and check in a few hours.

Comment

New to Texas Bowhunters, but I saw online this forum has the best info on Balcones Canyonlands. I drew for Dec 13-15 and just got my assignment. I’m area 8B. Anyone have suggestions on Area 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just start at the beginning of this thread, and start going from there. There is quite a lot of information in here. I am still waiting on my email. Patience is not a strong point for me at the moment.

Comment

I did. Doesn’t seem like much info on unit 8. Apparently the entrance has a steep hill and is gravelly. I’m sure the dodge can handle that. First time I’ve ever put in for a drawn hunt. Lost my lease in Star, Texas due to it being sold in May. Got on another in Evant and they sold it at the end of July. Resorted to applying for drawn hunts this year. I’ll be in woods bowhunting at the in-laws this weekend. Hopefully I can stick something there and the Balcones hunt will just be icing on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I called to see how long until all emails are out. They said it could be tomorrow before all hunters have been informed. All I know about unit 8 is the size. I looked it up on google earth, and depending on where that cone you park at is depends on what terrain is closest. There appears to be a good amount of open areas mixed in with the thick stuff. With the right weather it could produce something nice.

Comment

Just pulled up the parking map, Looks like your parking area is right in the middle of the open area.

Comment

may have to copy and paste.

Comment

Area 9 for me.

Comment

Right next to the HQ building. At least you wont have to travel far.

Comment

That is true!

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
                        Area 9 for me.

If this is the one east of the headquarters, it is the one my son and I hunted last year. PM me if you want some details, such as I have.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                          If this is the one east of the headquarters, it is the one my son and I hunted last year. PM me if you want some details, such as I have.

Yes it is

Comment

I am gonna say they went home for the day by now, and I still did not get a unit. Gotta wait until tomorrow. Guess that is what I get for sitting here at work refreshing my email every 30 seconds.

Comment

7D, I called today. Said an email was sent in the 10th, but I can't find it anywhere. He was very polite and said we could generate another permit when I get there if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
                                7D, I called today. Said an email was sent in the 10th, but I can't find it anywhere. He was very polite and said we could generate another permit when I get there if needed.
                                I called this morning and was told the final file had not been received yet and that the emails have not gone out yet. Not sure if anyone there actually knows what is going on?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X