Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Astros 2020 season thread

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    I get it but Bregman has a classic short path to the ball swing. Tucker's is so unorthodoxed, that is what gives me pause for concern with him. I cant imagine the big league pitchers cant find a hole in it and attack it. Luhnow raved that his hand eye coordination made up for it. Im hoping he becomes another Hunter Pence!!!! Goofy paid off for him in spades.

Man I’ve always had trouble with Tucker’s swing. He arm bars and tends to sweep through the zone. Seems very inefficient like you said compared to Bregmans. They do compare Tucker to Ted Williams because of their similar swings. Different era and velocity though. Ready to see him produce for us this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
      And on another note...
      Where the hell did Dave go?

They are celebrating North Minute Maid opening up and their new mascot “Norbit”

*edited... thought you said Dale not Dave

Last edited by Tshelly; 03-05-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
        Man I’ve always had trouble with Tucker’s swing. He arm bars and tends to sweep through the zone. Seems very inefficient like you said compared to Bregmans. They do compare Tucker to Ted Williams because of their similar swings. Different era and velocity though. Ready to see him produce for us this year.

I was reading where Baker refers to him as a long lever guy because his swing is so long. He said guys like that need a lot of reps to get their timing right.

Comment

I was reading where Baker refers to him as a long lever guy because his swing is so long. He said guys like that need a lot of reps to get their timing right.

Totally. I could see someone with a swing like that getting out of sync quick and being more of a rhythm hitter.

Comment

WooHoo, Tucker got himself an avg with a 1st inning double!

lol he heard us. 2 run home to opposite field now.

Comment

Originally posted by tshelly View Post
              lol he heard us. 2 run home to opposite field now.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
              😉👍

Comment

They are celebrating North Minute Maid opening up and their new mascot “Norbit”

*edited... thought you said Dale not Dave

That's even funnier

Comment

First cuts today... Cristian Javier optioned not a bad deal though, he will be on the short list when we need a starter.

Tucker was 3 for 3 yesterday.

Josh James, Frambler, and Abreu pitched great yesterday. James and Abreu have been out standing so far

Comment

Josh James, Frambler, and Abreu pitched great yesterday. James and Abreu have been out standing so far

All three of those guys have top of the line "stuff". James and Framber just have to find the strike zone a little bit more. Walks have been their nemisis so far. James supposedly did a lot of work in the off season to correct a mechanical/technique issue that will get him delivering more in line with the plate. So far it looks like it is working. Abreu out of the pen should be able to replace Harris in my opinion.

Comment

All three of those guys have top of the line "stuff". James and Framber just have to find the strike zone a little bit more. Walks have been their nemisis so far. James supposedly did a lot of work in the off season to correct a mechanical/technique issue that will get him delivering more in line with the plate. So far it looks like it is working. Abreu out of the pen should be able to replace Harris in my opinion.
                      I think if James wins #5 then they will send Abreu to RR to continue his development as a starter. Strom had a quote in a PC something like, "He's a starter."

Wouldn't be surprised if he grabs a bullpen role later in the season though. Just don't think they will break camp with him there.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        I think if James wins #5 then they will send Abreu to RR to continue his development as a starter. Strom had a quote in a PC something like, "He's a starter."

Wouldn't be surprised if he grabs a bullpen role later in the season though. Just don't think they will break camp with him there.
                        I get that but man would I like him to make the team out of camp.

Comment

Judge is out indefinitely with a broken rib. Awesome. Joe Buck was probably giving him a massage. Lmao

Comment

Totally. I could see someone with a swing like that getting out of sync quick and being more of a rhythm hitter.

Can you translate that into fan speak?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                              Can you translate that into fan speak?

Similar to Jim Furyk the golfer they both have un orthodox motion by adding something that’s out of the norm to a swing. When you do something different than most it may work for you, but it can tend to lead itself to getting out whack faster or take more reps to master. Like mentioned above just not as many long lever guys around like in the past. Tucker has certainly mastered it for the most part though.

Comment

Today’s game is on mlb network at noon

Comment

Working...
                                X