Official Astros 2020 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
    I hear the rangers are looking for fans.
    Oh I hate the Rangers, and will still root for the Astros. But the Astros cheated to win in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
      Oh I hate the Rangers, and will still root for the Astros. But the Astros cheated to win in 2017.
      Why waste the energy hating something so irrelevant? I mean, I don't like brussel sprouts, but I don't hate brussel sprouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Lol. Ohhhh struck a nerve there.

Perspective sucks doesn’t it!?

Not even the slightest!

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          I for one am looking forward to the season to see how they react and handle it....

Funny how the Yankees org is trash talking tho...like they are the moral authority in the league....
          Pettitte, Clemons, Giambi, Stanton, Beltran, McCann....etc

Classic
          And let's not forget they were using cameras to steal signs in 2017 as well. They got reprimanded(I know harsh) and fined a piddly sum of money.

Comment

Just here for the comments. Where is that Deer eating popcorn gif when you need it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Just here for the comments. Where is that Deer eating popcorn gif when you need it?

He got scared off from the banging trash can...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                The Astros stole it...
                Go Stros!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  And let's not forget they were using cameras to steal signs in 2017 as well. They got reprimanded(I know harsh) and fined a piddly sum of money.
                  It blows but MLB was just protecting their big moneymakers and not the integrity of the game.

It's a business first, game second.

Comment

The Astros cheated because it works. Cora and Beltran did not create this method and they have used it everywhere they have been. the both bowed out of MLB for life to close the book on this. Astros will run the table this year.

Comment

Interesting stat from Verducci.... doesn't really support the fact that only a few on the team were using it.

Last edited by Smart; 02-25-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        The Astros cheated because it works. Cora and Beltran did not create this method and they have used it everywhere they have been. the both bowed out of MLB for life to close the book on this. Astros will run the table this year.
                        Nobody wants to hear that crap...just keep pounding the scapegoat, er, I mean the Astros.

Comment

[QUOTE=ACCURACYINC;14721145]For the first time in history people that aren’t Yankee fans will probably root for the Yankees when they play the Asterisks.

You do realize the Yankees were the first time fined for using cameras to steal signs? Busted using the YES Network feed back in 2016 or 2017.

Also, the Red Sox have been busted twice now. First in 2017 for using apple watches and then of course the 2018 stuff when, one could argue karmically, the used the tech to beat the Stros, who had ceased to use it by then per MLB's report.

Lastly, to all the sanctimonious Dodgers fans...

Everyone may not have been doing it, but looks like everyone good was...

Comment

[quote=mr. buck;14721514]
                            Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                            For the first time in history people that aren’t Yankee fans will probably root for the Yankees when they play the Asterisks.

You do realize the Yankees were the first time fined for using cameras to steal signs? Busted using the YES Network feed back in 2016 or 2017.

Also, the Red Sox have been busted twice now. First in 2017 for using apple watches and then of course the 2018 stuff when, one could argue karmically, the used the tech to beat the Stros, who had ceased to use it by then per MLB's report.

Lastly, to all the sanctimonious Dodgers fans...

Everyone may not have been doing it, but looks like everyone good was...

That’s the point most have been making. MLB needed to shut it down and this is how they did it. Who better than a recent champ not named the Red Sox Yankees or dodgers. So they threw the book at the Stros.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Interesting stat from Verducci.... doesn't really support the fact that only a few on the team were using it.

https://twitter.com/AsteriskTour/sta...258459648?s=20
                              You'd have to bang the trash can with a nuke to be able to hear it in Minute Maid during that game.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                You'd have to bang the trash can with a nuke to be able to hear it in Minute Maid during that game.
                                that is a fact. This is why we needed the buzzer

Comment

Working...
                                X