No announcement yet.

June 6 1944 D-Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you imagine what our guys were thinking as they hit the beach. It took balls!

Comment

What an amazing task in front of those men and even greater courage it must have taken.

Comment

The Day of Days. My Grandfather was part of the 82nd Airborne Glider Infantry that landed D-Day +1

Comment

My FIL landed on the Omaha beach invasion. Made it to St. Lo before being wounded, made it back to combat before the end of the war. Ended at the neuenburg trials as one of the many guards over the prisoners. He has a lot of pictures of the tribunal proceedings that are copies of the photos taken by the chief photographer. He lives in medina Texas.

Comment

My Dad was there a little after the Main invasion .. As a 19 Year Old. I tell my Kids about the significance of these historic events all the time .. Sad part a Large percent of society wouldn't know if you asked what June 6th meant

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
              Rangers, Lead the way at Point Du Hoc.
              We can only imagine what those men were thinking as they approached the beaches. RIP.
              Here it is
              Attached Files

Comment

Toured Normandy and visited the beach and cemetery in 2015. Sacred place, amazing experience.

A few pictures, the one picture of the beach cliff is called Pointe du Hoc. This cliff was scaled by Army Rangers let by Colonel James Rudder (also 16th President of Texas A&M,Texas Land Commissioner and Mayor of Brady, TX)
                Attached Files

Comment

Very cool pics thanks for sharing

Comment

Bravery beyond reason, 2499 American and 1914 allied troops killed.

Lest we never forget!

Comment

My Dad, who was in the Philippines instead of Europe, died 6 years ago at 92. As a hospice nurse, I am seeing first hand the last of this great generation fade away. I fear we will never reclaim what we had while they were here.

Comment

The greatest generation.

Comment

Comment

2018 Bump

Comment

Amen.

Comment

The Americans had a horrific job taking Omha Beach. Our Greatest Generation, saved the World then built a Country.

Comment

Working...
                                X