X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow fantastic work, Talon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
      did your pour your epoxy? I see you have a brush in the one picture. or did you just do the sides with the brush?
      It was a pour my son in the pic is tackling the drippings.....btw that’s the first time I’ve ever done it! Thank god for you tube

Comment

I have been working with cedar for 20 years. I use a pressure washer to debark before I mill the boards, but it works just as good after. I usually let mine dry 6-9 months, covered and spaced depending on the time of year. I use pocket screws for everything joinery wise and usually use crystal clear bar epoxy if thats the finish I am after. If not, I prefer teak oil as it has a lasting finish and only needs retouching about once a year.

I used to make a ton of furniture to sell but the market has subsided so I do not do it nearly as much anymore.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
          It was a pour my son in the pic is tackling the drippings.....btw that’s the first time I’ve ever done it! Thank god for you tube
          Nice work!!

Thanks for posting this. I just picked up some cedar to build a table.

Originally posted by LoneStarCarnivo View Post
          I have been working with cedar for 20 years. I use a pressure washer to debark before I mill the boards, but it works just as good after. I usually let mine dry 6-9 months, covered and spaced depending on the time of year. I use pocket screws for everything joinery wise and usually use crystal clear bar epoxy if thats the finish I am after. If not, I prefer teak oil as it has a lasting finish and only needs retouching about once a year.

I used to make a ton of furniture to sell but the market has subsided so I do not do it nearly as much anymore.

Good luck!
          I may be hitting you up for some pointers. I was planning on using biscuits and pocket screws fo my joinery. I watched a bunch of youtube videos, also. I think I have a pretty good grasp on what I need to do.

Comment

Working...
          X