• Time
  • Show
Clear All

260 rem
    7mm-08
    6.5 creed
    25-06

Comment

22-250 was my first gun and still my favorite caliber. It does devastating damage!

Comment

7mm-08

Comment

My first deer gun was a .270. That may be what you are looking for

Comment

I think you should get him a 7-08....and I just happen to have one for sale.

Comment

257 Roberts

Comment

Comment

No doubt the more practice the better. But we all know it's a little different when that deer steps out and you know it's one you can take a shot at. That heart starts beating. Call it buck fever or whatever you want. Only experience and time helps you become a better shot in those real world hunting scenarios.

I plan to get him out and do some hog hunting. Good practice. Maybe we'll look at bullet selectioin. We're shooting 100gr Rem Core lokt. Any good recommendations on bullet selection for 22-250 and .243 for Texas Whitetail. I've got a friend that will reload any bullet that's available, but would prefer factory load....probably. For convenience.

Comment

7MM/08 managed recoil loads for my 8 yr old with a small frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                      No doubt the more practice the better. But we all know it's a little different when that deer steps out and you know it's one you can take a shot at. That heart starts beating. Call it buck fever or whatever you want. Only experience and time helps you become a better shot in those real world hunting scenarios.

I plan to get him out and do some hog hunting. Good practice. Maybe we'll look at bullet selectioin. We're shooting 100gr Rem Core lokt. Any good recommendations on bullet selection for 22-250 and .243 for Texas Whitetail. I've got a friend that will reload any bullet that's available, but would prefer factory load....probably. For convenience.
                      50 or 53gr barnes tsx for 22-250. honestly, the 55gr csoft point would be a good choice too. heck federal is loading 60gr partitions in their loads. thats a great bullet.

Comment

50 BMG puts em down quick

Comment

25-06 is what my wife and kids shoot.

Comment

You could get the reduced recoil loads for 308. That's what my wife shoots. 125 grain bullet and kicks less than my nephews 243 did.

Comment

25-06

Comment

I shot a .243 for many years and never lost a deer and never had to trail too many. Having said that, .25-06 if I were going to up the caliber.

Comment

Working...
                                X