Church ethics hypothetical...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
    I'm going to tread as lightly as I can here, if I come across as harsh it is not my intention.

So what if there have been surgeries? Are there any women in the congregation with breast enhancements? If so should they have them removed to be in Christs favor? Any men had hair implants, pluck them out? Tummy tuck, have that fat put back in? What about those that are overly obese that decide on a stomach staple instead of using will power to stay out of the pantry, shove them back into the buffet line?

I think, my opinion only, that the surface covering on the individual is less important than the soul that is seeking guidance and forgiveness. If Gene/Jean has decided that he/she need Jesus in his/her life then who are your congregation (as sinning, judging, mortals) to decide whether or not to allow him/her? Accept that person as who she perceives herself to be, welcome her into the fold and help guide her.

Richard
    ^^ this was exactly my 1st thought. And no I do not expect or require that person to go through another transition in order to meet some man created threshold of repentance.

Are we making divorced people who have remarried leave their spouse and go back and remarry the “bride of their youth?” No that’s ludicrous.

Sin occurs in the heart and may or may not involve the body. Therefore repentance occurs in the heart. I believe is what Christ meant in Matt 5:21-30
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV1OPKnwLzY"]Ex-Transgender Woman Testimony (Transgender realizes he made a mistake) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      ^^ this was exactly my 1st thought. And no I do not expect or require that person to go through another transition in order to meet some man created threshold of repentance.

Are we making divorced people who have remarried leave their spouse and go back and remarry the “bride of their youth?” No that’s ludicrous.

Sin occurs in the heart and may or may not involve the body. Therefore repentance occurs in the heart. I believe is what Christ meant in Matt 5:21-30
      Ex-Transgender Woman Testimony (Transgender realizes he made a mistake) - YouTube
      wonderful testimony...shared with the class. made the best arguement for how to handle a situation that could very destructive in a church

Comment

We are to hate the sin and love the sinner---

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          I like how you equated being gay as a crime.
          Serial killer = criminal that needs to be turned in to Law enforcement.
          Last I checked their were no penal codes for living that lifestyle
          It is against Gods law according to scripture. That was the whole jest of it...

A murder, liar, or person that practices sexual perversion will all stand guilty before the Judge.

Being pardoned was the context...how to counsel in a manner that reflected Christian love and accountability was what the prompt was attempting to dialogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
            It is against Gods law according to scripture. That was the whole jest of it...

A murder, liar, or person that practices sexual perversion will all stand guilty before the Judge.

Being pardoned was the context...how to counsel in a manner that reflected Christian love and accountability was what the prompt was attempting to dialogue.
            I can't keep up.
            Isn't eating meat (especially pork) a crime in the bible too?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              I can't keep up.
              Isn't eating meat (especially pork) a crime in the bible too?
              No it is not.

Comment

Are you looking to change this person's mind or accept them as they are?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  Are you looking to change this person's mind or accept them as they are?
                  Neither...their encounter with Christ has changed them. They are now a new creation according to Scripture.

The church has a requirement to participate in disciplineship for those that come to the faith. What does that disciplineship look like in this setting was were the question was leading us. Any change is Gods responsibility and the church is full of redeemed sinners so acceptance is a forgone conclusion.
                  Last edited by Death from Above; 01-12-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Seems like something so silly to worry about while kids are dying of cancer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      Seems like something so silly to worry about while kids are dying of cancer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                      Thank you for your participation.

Comment

I am disappointed in the lack of knowledge of the Bible from some of these replies. As a Christian we are to accept anyone that accepts Jesus and changes from sin. In this case that change from sin would be very public since the woman will be going back to a man. Transgender gay and other types of immorality are a sin against God. This person would recognize this sin and change back to a man and the church should help in any way they can. The Bible is very clear that the outcome of salvation is a very public thing. If you deny me before men I will deny you before my Father. A tree will be known by the fruit it bears. Lies do not become truth just because everyone believes them.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                          I am disappointed in the lack of knowledge of the Bible from some of these replies. As a Christian we are to accept anyone that accepts Jesus and changes from sin. In this case that change from sin would be very public since the woman will be going back to a man. Transgender gay and other types of immorality are a sin against God. This person would recognize this sin and change back to a man and the church should help in any way they can. The Bible is very clear that the outcome of salvation is a very public thing. If you deny me before men I will deny you before my Father. A tree will be known by the fruit it bears. Lies do not become truth just because everyone believes them.
                          It’s weird though that Philip didn’t tell the Ethiopian eunuch to go find his balls after his conversion. I mean with your line of thinking he should be made intact again so he can be fruitful and multiply

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            It’s weird though that Philip didn’t tell the Ethiopian eunuch to go find his balls after his conversion. I mean with your line of thinking he should be made intact again so he can be fruitful and multiply
                            I didn't mean to imply that. The man should turn away from sin. I said change back, but we shouldn't expect him to be able to change what has happened.
                            Last edited by hot_rod_eddie; 01-13-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that. The man should turn away from sin. I said change back, but we shouldn't expect him to be able to change what has happened.
                              I hear ya...society today does not recognize sin.

Most people that argue against particular sin is because they were not biblically discipled.

For this the church is culpable.

Comment

Are not all sins a sin against God? Is sexual immortality in any nature a more egregious sin according to the Word ?

Comment

Working...
                                X