Gofundme for the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Very concerning when this issue of brick & mortar is even a consideration in the 21st Century?
    Yet you have a physical wall around your property. Why should the country or anyone else be shamed for trying to do the same.

Yes, I have a wrouth iron fence around the front and privacy fence around the back.
    I mean you could also get rid of all on the "incentives" for people trying to enter your property illegally, you could put up cameras to take pictures, yet you decide to protect you and yours with walls, doors and locks. Seems pretty easy.

Comment

Illegals cost taxpayers over a $100 billion a year. That's a very conservative estimate also.

Comment

6.8 million... 3:15 12/20/2018....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Agreed landrover. Like Artos points out i dont think the wall is the entire length of our border.

But i could be wrong, i been wrong many times.
          I saw his post but loss track as im out and about. $5B or whatever it started as was supposedly for full wall.....but that was 2 years ago. If not from Texas to California why still $5 billion? Just the loud left liberals are for complete or even partial open borders. I'm for dang near closed borders but using everything that makes sense in the 21st Century. Walls, gates, moats are fine but 3k miles of wall ain't happening.....lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            Yet you have a physical wall around your property. Why should the country or anyone else be shamed for trying to do the same.

I mean you could also get rid of all on the "incentives" for people trying to enter your property illegally, you could put up cameras to take pictures, yet you decide to protect you and yours with walls, doors and locks. Seems pretty easy.
            Again....does not apply to this discussion. U are reaching to make a point but that's fine....lol.[emoji23] I clearly noted it is to keep a neurotic dog inside. I may change his name to El Chapo!!![emoji106]

Comment

$7,053,376 Raised by 115,534 people in 3 days

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                this really is fascinating.

[ATTACH]938653[/ATTACH]
                Yes it is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  I agree. The criminals that knowingly employee illegal immigrants should be arrested and imprisoned.

They come here because they know greedy scumbags will hire them. If no one would hire them and exploit the system, it would dang near cut the problem out.

It’d be pretty funny to know how many people that wasted their money on this campaign would gladly hire an illegal immigrant to do work for them, or would blow a gasket if they had to pay higher prices for legal labor.
                  Great post!!!

Comment

I saw his post but loss track as im out and about. $5B or whatever it started as was supposedly for full wall.....but that was 2 years ago. If not from Texas to California why still $5 billion? Just the loud left liberals are for complete or even partial open borders. I'm for dang near closed borders but using everything that makes sense in the 21st Century. Walls, gates, moats are fine but 3k miles of wall ain't happening.....lol.

There is no way I can see $5b would cover the entire length...it's not just construction, but land reimbursement to owners & all other sorts of costs I'm not considering.

I think we have $1.5B allocated & that barely covers a fraction of the areas they want to touch from what I'm hearing??

This gives a little insight & how far the allocation reaches:

Congress approved $1.6 billion to build 100 miles of border wall, a third in the heavily trafficked Rio Grande Valley, but it's not clear where and why.

Comment

Again....does not apply to this discussion. U are reaching to make a point but that's fine....lol.[emoji23] I clearly noted it is to keep a neurotic dog inside. I may change his name to El Chapo!!![emoji106]
                      Somewhat reaching, I will concede that. But it is still a pretty good analogy in my opinion, a property border is pretty much the same everywhere.

I respect you and your opinion. But candidly I dont believe for a second you would not have any fencing, doors, or locks on your property if you didnt have a dog. And would instead defer to drones and robots to secure your property.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Illegals cost taxpayers over a $100 billion a year. That's a very conservative estimate also.
                        You must not have heard about the tremendous benefit they bring to the country and how it far out weights the cost to the American tax payer

Just think, hundreds of billions spent on the poor around the world and somehow we still suk

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                          Yes. Granted I haven’t looked in the past few hours but I did look last night when it was $2BB and again this morning when it was $1BB and none of the updates discussed the change.
                          That's strange. I was made aware of the fund at 6:00pm last night. It was $1B then. The guy who made me aware of it, told me it was $1B, and he looked at it yesterday morning. I'm pretty sure it was never $2B, or any other amount other than $1B, as that is the max for a go fund me account. As stated in the OP, the veteran set it up to the max from the beginning, and was trying to get the max raised.

I'm not being defensive. I'm just curious why you are curious about the goal amount. Are you looking to donate and push it past the max that's posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Talk to BP down here in the valley...a correctly built barrier will most certainly be effective & just imagine what a fiasco it would have been in Cali if they didn't even have that chicken crap fencing!! Those who say otherwise are delusional & the comments of the like like barrett baffle me to no end. Schumer is on record in the past supporting & praising how a wall would be effective. Now?? It's all politics because the dems know if they agree it will be a win & talking points for Trump's re-election in 2020. They throw the country under the bus for the sake of power. So what do they do?? Send central america $10b in aid that only a tiny percentage will go to the poor. The govt will pocket most all that $$$. The Rio Grande Valley is said to have secured enough funds for only 60 miles of $$$$ for a barrier wall which isn't enough, but just watch how effective it will prove itself once erected!! Calling it a false sense of security is insulting to those of us who know & interact with the people who are paid to protect the border!! Denying the BP this keeps them in much more eminent harm.

It costs many thousands of dollars (well into 5 figures) for every OTM immigrant that crosses illegally. The wall will pay for itself simply by stopping them from crossing in no time. I don't care where the funds come from...it's probably the best spent $$$$ the taxpayers could spend!! Disappointed Trump is crawfishing on not shutting govt down on principal alone. He should hold the line on this one.

~~~~~~~~

I wonder if this vet has plans set up on how the $$$$ will be given to the govt...lots of red tape to build & don't think private citizens could do any real wall building directly??
                            Doesn't take much research to find accounts of BP saying the opposite about the wall sir.

Comment

Just heard Rush say that they would not commit to the $1 billion the president asked for. He was peeved!!! Guess it is all up in the air on what it will actually take. Dunno.....quite the mess![emoji36]

Yes he's peeved. He was promised funding for the wall by end of year, IF he would sign the last budget bill, in which he did. Talk about liars.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                                Doesn't take much research to find accounts of BP saying the opposite about the wall sir.
                                for example???

Comment

Working...
                                X