Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Africa will push ahead with plans to amend the constitution to allow land expro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    And how many people got shot in Chi-town this last weekend?

Pretty funny that you have people actually denying that this is happening, right now, as it happens.
    I wanted go post that last night but figured........what the hell, some of these folks won't believe it until their outfitter is murdered.

Comment

Originally posted by firehunt fish View Post
      SEC,

You will be FINE! I would not hesitate for one second to make plans for an African safari... This rhetoric from the RSA government is nothing new. They have made these threats periodically over the last several decades to appease the radical component of the ANC.

It makes the news for a day like it did back in December after the election of the new President Ramaphosa, then you don’t hear about it again....

Ramaphosa is heavily invested in RSA in both properties and agriculture. None of the white South Africans feel he would do anything to jeopardize his own wealth. For them, its business as usual and they take these threats in political stride.

We were hearing about their government’s plans to confiscate white-owned property 13 years ago when we first started traveling to South Africa, and I assume you will hear these threats for years to come.... Bottom line is that 85% of RSA’s economy is generated by 15% of the population. You can probably guess what component of the population that 15% is.... As a potential client, I wouldn’t give it a second thought. This rhetoric hasn’t changed my plans in 13 years, and it won’t change my plans to return again next year. Any real serious land confiscation would require a constitutional amendment which would create a revolution to accomplish.... I already heard today that Ramaphosa is walking back his rhetoric now saying that if anything, they will only take land and buildings that have been inactive, vacant, or already confiscated for tax liens... This story is not "fake news" per se, but the theme is not new and it is being sensationalized.
      I leave in 9 days!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Yep and yet "they" still don't get it..
        One of the victims in last weekends massacre was a 17year old Jahnae Patterson who was standing on the sidewalk when 2 guys walked up and blew her face off. No outrage. Not even a blip other than some local Chicago news outlets. Why...becouse it was black on black. Miller Time.

Comment

I believe any news agency can report on something based upon on bad info but Fox News isn't even in the same league as CNN and MSNBC trying to sell fake news intentionally.
          Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          Fox, MSNBC, and CNN are in a dead heat for fake news. We cant call a clear winner yet as its just too close.
          Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of Jews thought what Hitler was spewing out was just rhetoric until it was too late. I don’t know anything about the South African situation except what I’ve read in the news. Quite troubling if your white in that nation.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
              Lots of Jews thought what Hitler was spewing out was just rhetoric until it was too late. I don’t know anything about the South African situation except what I’ve read in the news. Quite troubling if your white in that nation.
              Just search youtube. There are a few good doc's on there about the situation

Comment

THE South African government has begun the process of seizing land from white farmers.

Local newspaper City Press reports two game farms in the northern province of Limpopo are the first to be targeted for unilateral seizure after negotiations with the owners to purchase the properties stalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  THE South African government has begun the process of seizing land from white farmers.

Local newspaper City Press reports two game farms in the northern province of Limpopo are the first to be targeted for unilateral seizure after negotiations with the owners to purchase the properties stalled.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...4ffb648ea5c53b
                  Say it ain't so

Comment

So sick of the world oppressing them. Everyone should leave Africa and see how they do on their own.

I wish somewhere in the world people were taking land away from black people. I'd wager you would hear about it!

Comment

What is happening in SA is truly sickening. Almost a sickening is the fact that the atrocities against farmers has and will largely go un/under-reported. I have seen some beautiful farms/concessions and those that are taken will be destroyed. SA will become a disaster and the Rand will likely look like the Zimbabwe dollar. The Rhino and lion will be treated no better than the the Afrikaners. Those proclaiming this to be fake news don't have any friends in South Africa. It is a disaster and will only get worse as the land grab continues and more people are killed.

Comment

I thought the majority of this thread was saying nothing is happening there...?
                        So is it happening as reported or not?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Yes it is and will pick up speed in the coming months.
                          SA is lost even if some would have you believe it's hunkydory

Comment

Yeah that's what threw me for loop also??

Comment

Yea, I would have expected some better situational awareness from a bunch of bow hunters.

The reports claim that South Africa has targeted the first two farms for “unilateral seizure after the owners refused an offer of one-tenth of the land’s value”.

If these seizures go ahead, it will be the first time the SA government takes land without paying market value.

The farms are both game farms in the northern province of Limpopo. The owners – named in reports as Akkerland Boerdery – allegedly wanted R200-million but were being offered just R20-million.

Akkerland was allegedly served notice earlier this year that a terrain inspection would take place on 5 April 2018. They obtained an urgent injunction to prevent eviction taking place until a court had ruled on the issue… but apparently the Department of Rural Development and Land Affairs has opposed their application.

These alleged seizures are apparently intended to test the government’s ability to take land under existing laws as the ANC forges ahead with land expropriation without compensation

Comment

Working...
                              X