Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoping Saturday. Just depends on how my wife feels about it

Comment

I'll be out Saturday. Let's hope the wind stays down.

Comment

Out tonight

Does have started hitting my feeder again. Fingers crossed

Comment

I've got does and young ones hitting the feeder again in shooting light morning and evenings. I also have my main target buck on cam twice in the morning at 8am and 830am in the last two weeks. He's back from roaming and staying in the area. I have night pics of him almost every night. Just a matter of time. I've seen deer in my last two sits on Wed morning and last evening. Hope to be back out this weekend. Good luck. Hard freeze will get those last acorns and a deer has to eat.

Comment

Check the cameras today and bucks and the doe's are back. Lots of rut pictures last week as well.

Comment

Haven't seen any action this morning. Thought for sure they would be moving this morning.

Comment

Hunted Thursday evening and all day Friday. Heard one doe snort early morning Friday just before light, that was it. Considering getting away from feeder stands and hunting fire breaks/trails the rest of the season. I have 3 adjacent property owners with stands and feeders within 30-50 yds of my North, South, and East property lines (West is Enterprise rd.) if not on the fence line. My tract has been in the CRP program and I think everyone assumes they stay on my property, but they don't. With my feeders going(on 160 acres), and the other hunters surrounding me, they have 5-6+feeding options at those given times.

1) What do you think about getting off the corn?

2)Thoughts on hunting along fence lines? (aside from obviously your deer could cross after being shot)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCutter View Post
                  Hunted Thursday evening and all day Friday. Heard one doe snort early morning Friday just before light, that was it. Considering getting away from feeder stands and hunting fire breaks/trails the rest of the season. I have 3 adjacent property owners with stands and feeders within 30-50 yds of my North, South, and East property lines (West is Enterprise rd.) if not on the fence line. My tract has been in the CRP program and I think everyone assumes they stay on my property, but they don't. With my feeders going(on 160 acres), and the other hunters surrounding me, they have 5-6+feeding options at those given times.

1) What do you think about getting off the corn?

2)Thoughts on hunting along fence lines? (aside from obviously your deer could cross after being shot)

Do what you need to do. [emoji1303]

Deer were not coming to my feeder until the last couple of weeks. Earlier in the season I gave up hunting the feeder and started hunting over wildlife trails.

Now that they are back at my feeder so I'm hunting over the feeder again

Comment

Weve hunted hard the past week here. We are seeing abundant movement on our ag fields. Theyre definitely off the natural occuring food at this point. Weve had 3 different sightings of big shooter bucks locked down with does. Including one encounter, not by me, with a buck that was claimed to be well into the 170s at about 45 yards. He never turned broadside for a good shot at that distance. There is definitely does coming into heat currently at our place. We jusr havent got lucky enough to have a doe tow a big boy by us yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by SB09; 12-11-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Just hit by a car in front of me just east of cville!

Sent While: sitting in a deer stand, or thinking about sitting in a deer stand!

Comment

Originally posted by 1RutNBuc View Post

Just hit by a car in front of me just east of cville!

Man that sucks!!!

Comment

Any Grayson or Cooke county reports??

Dang it
                          I bet next time you go by there his head is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Sparkles; 12-11-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I stuck around for DPS, and he said GW was on his way and would take it to hang on the wall of the GW office.

Comment

That's a beautiful buck. Hope he spread his genes this year before his happened!

Comment

that sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X