Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Busted! - Rams are delicious to eat!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
    This went in the oven at noon, plan on eating about 6 or 7 this evening. House is already smelling great.
    Let us know how it goes. I'm wanting to try this out.

Comment

IN

Comment

Looks awesome I will have to try this. Bet it would work with a javelina also lol

Comment

Pre orzo. I put some garlic cloves in before it went in the oven and also put some mushrooms in with the orzo. This is NOT aoudad but a neck roast from a 250lb Oklahoma whitetail.

Comment

Well, I have to say that there is no "Myth" anymore for me! I followed this recipe to the "T" (except for the dried cayenne peppers, couldn't find them last night at wally world). Started it at 11:30 last night, got up at 4 this morning to add the pasta, and it was done this morning at 6:20. I used one of the hams off a Corsican Ram I just harvested at Thompson Temple's Ranch two weekends ago. Brought it to the office this morning and EVERYONE loved it! I'll admit, I wasn't expecting great results but I was pleasantly surprised! VERY awesome recipe... Thanks Sneaky!

Comment

Starting up another batch!!

Had a phenomenal weekend with some of the finest folks the GS has to offer down at Thompson Temple Ranch, and ended up depositing 9 hams and 3 shoulders into the freezer, along with 30 lbs of backstrap and assorted stew meat for the crock pot. After aging it all on ice for 7 days, it's all in the freezer now, and is definitely over 100lbs of meat! This shoulder got trimmed up and is roasting now!

Comment

Originally posted by danierc View Post
                Well, I have to say that there is no "Myth" anymore for me! I followed this recipe to the "T" (except for the dried cayenne peppers, couldn't find them last night at wally world). Started it at 11:30 last night, got up at 4 this morning to add the pasta, and it was done this morning at 6:20. I used one of the hams off a Corsican Ram I just harvested at Thompson Temple's Ranch two weekends ago. Brought it to the office this morning and EVERYONE loved it! I'll admit, I wasn't expecting great results but I was pleasantly surprised! VERY awesome recipe... Thanks Sneaky!
                Dude, I'm so happy you tried this recipe and enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                  Looks awesome I will have to try this. Bet it would work with a javelina also lol
                  I haven't had the pleasure of hunting javi's yet, but I'm sure it will come out delicious!

Comment

And on the 6th day God said......"Oh crap! we ran out of human tastebuds....give some of those last few humans the leftover coyote taste buds......somebody has to eat the goats and sheep in this world"......

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      And on the 6th day God said......"Oh crap! we ran out of human tastebuds....give some of those last few humans the leftover coyote taste buds......somebody has to eat the goats and sheep in this world"......
                      And by "somebody", god clearly meant the entire populations of the Mediterranean, Middle East, UK, Australia, the Caribbean, etc.

Comment

And by "somebody", god clearly meant the entire populations of the Mediterranean, Middle East, UK, Australia, the Caribbean, etc.

Comment

Nothing like waiting out the cook time of phenomenal giouvetsi like searing a whole hog and venison back strap as an appetizer! !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                            They were prolific breeders like the coyote....

Comment

They were prolific breeders like the coyote....
                              If it ain't beef it don't belong between my teef, gursh durnit!!! 'Merica!

Comment

Hard up for a meal if your eating rams.

Comment

Working...
                                X