Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Busted! - Rams are delicious to eat!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ompaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      Even though the orzo looks like maggots, which were the only thing that I thought would eat ram meat ... I MIGHT try this, just to say I gave it my best shot.

I'm still a bit hesitant. If it is so good, why didn't you use one of your regular roasters instead of the disposable one? Momma wouldn't let you ruin a good roasting pan?
      Ha! The reason I'm using a disposable pan is because I don't have a good pan that is large enough. I'm going to be purchasing a really large Mauviel pan here really soon for just these types of dishes.
      Last edited by Sneaky; 01-13-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

looks great!

Comment

...BIG difference between a "Mouflan or other goat like ram and a Sheep like ram such as an Aoudad. The "goat" family is pretty good table fare. The "sheep" family... NO THANK YOU! I tried several recipes to try to make aoudad edible and was never successful. My wife's favorite iron skillet stunk so bad after we tried to cook some in it, we eventually threw it away after we could not get the smell out of it. We tried everything. You guys that like it, wear yourselves out. But as for me and my family, we will never have it in my house again.

Comment

Aoudad is not fit to feed my dogs. Tried it many ways and it will ruin the ice chest you age it in. Never tried any of these others but Ill stick to other critters.

Comment

Had to go back and look this one up. I have a couple deer roasts thawing out that I am going to try this with.

Comment

gonna have to try this.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    ...BIG difference between a "Mouflan or other goat like ram and a Sheep like ram such as an Aoudad. The "goat" family is pretty good table fare. The "sheep" family... NO THANK YOU! I tried several recipes to try to make aoudad edible and was never successful. My wife's favorite iron skillet stunk so bad after we tried to cook some in it, we eventually threw it away after we could not get the smell out of it. We tried everything. You guys that like it, wear yourselves out. But as for me and my family, we will never have it in my house again.
                    you have your families backwards.. the mouflon is a member of the sheep family and the aoudad is classified as a caprid or bovidae, meaning that they are more aligned to the Goat-antelope family

i have eaten several aoudad, never had one smell up the pan in the slightest. actually a pretty mild flavor on each i have eaten.
                    much milder than whitetail, with the exception of the burger. the burger has a more lamb like flavor to it.

i would have to think they meat you ate was bad to begin with,
                    how did you handle it and how long was it till you got it on ice or in a cooler.
                    Last edited by rsquared; 05-09-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Gonna try this. Thanks for sharing, going on a Mouflon hunt next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                        so you are going to eat an aluminum pan at the end???
                        lol :d

Comment

Dad killed a Rocky Mountain Big Horn sheep a few years ago. He had it done into snack stics and it was excellent.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe. I will for sure try it with hogs and deer. Goats make good jerky!

Comment

Use lots of ketchup!

Comment

What the OP says is true. I learned this over 30 years ago when I shot a nice Mouflon ram which I still look at every day above my living room fireplace.

Comment

Working...
                                X