Homemade apple pie shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firecapt186 View Post
    Got this from another site and tried it, it's awesome.
    1/2 gal apple juice
    1/2 gal apple cider
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup dark brown sugar
    6 cinnamon sticks
    750ml Everclear

Mix all but the Everclear in a pot and heat till it's almost to a boil, to make sure the sugar desolves
    Remove from heat and let cool. Add the bottle of Everclear and pour into Qt. jars and you're done.

PS, it's really good mixed with Vanilla ice cream too
    wondering how this will turn out with Peach Cider.I stopped off on my way back home from Virginia this weekend at a Peach stand and bought a bussel off peachs and a Gallon of peach Cider.That stuff is Amazing!Will keep you up dated.I think i may switch it up alittle and minus the cinnamon stick and may go with some actual Shine not Everclear.

Comment

Still wanting to know how I can make a strawberry shine??? b

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
        Still wanting to know how I can make a strawberry shine??? b
        that sounds amazing.....and Dangerous.I would be drinking that Hourly and trying to mix it with EveryThing!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by haztech3 View Post
          that sounds amazing.....and Dangerous.I would be drinking that Hourly and trying to mix it with EveryThing!!!!!!!!!
          Yup!

Comment

Originally posted by haztech3 View Post
            I think I have an idea but may have to experiment to get it right before I can share. Unless someone else has already done that and save me all the trouble? Please?

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
              I think I have an idea but may have to experiment to get it right before I can share. Unless someone else has already done that and save me all the trouble? Please?
              i might be down to be a guinne pig

Comment

I'd mix a jar full of strawberries with ever clear. Leave for a few day. Pour liquid into another jar. Put a cup of sugar I'm with strawberries. Shake up and let stand in fridge for a few days. Pour liquid into jar of ever clear. Repeat 1-2 more times. Finishing buy pouring strawberries and all into ever clear and let sit 24-48 hrs then get happy.

Comment

Hmmm ive been meaning to do something for the guys at work. I just may have to do this

Comment

Y'all are too funny! Man, I'm already getting ready for the next Nanza Tailgate! I hope your ready...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                      I'd mix a jar full of strawberries with ever clear. Leave for a few day. Pour liquid into another jar. Put a cup of sugar I'm with strawberries. Shake up and let stand in fridge for a few days. Pour liquid into jar of ever clear. Repeat 1-2 more times. Finishing buy pouring strawberries and all into ever clear and let sit 24-48 hrs then get happy.
                      As my Momma used to say...............That sounds like a pregnant idea, I mean swell idea

Comment

I have a friend in Alabama that makes the apple version all the time. With some of it that he "ages" he will take a piece of oak (without the bark) and just brown it with a propane torch. Not black burnt like a whiskey barrel just browned to a golden color. He will put a good sized piece in each quart jar and let it sit in his cellar.

I have sampled both versions, the new batch vs the aged. I will say the the aged one is a much better product.

Comment

I got the urge to make some, for this weekend, but the stuff that Nilla let me have was WAY too sweet.

Has anyone cut the juice, cider, or sugars to make it less like apple juice and more like liquor?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            I got the urge to make some, for this weekend, but the stuff that Nilla let me have was WAY too sweet.

Has anyone cut the juice, cider, or sugars to make it less like apple juice and more like liquor?
                            I don't know how to add the Thread info but i pretty much followed this recipe for my Peach Cobbler Shine Thread.I only made 1/2 gallon of shine though but still used the same amount of liqueur and half the sugar and i used powdered cinnamon instead of sticks.But its all in my thread.Initially it was alittle stout....very stout but after refrigerating and sitting a day.....Its just right!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

Not sure what his taste like. Mine isn't too sweet. I don't think so but I didn't follow the recipe. I make mine to point where its not too much of a clear but balanced out between two. Everyone likes it and keeps wanting more.

Comment

I cut the sugar to 1/3 cup of each.
                                It's got more of a bite, which is what I wanted!

Comment

Working...
                                X