X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Congratulations to your boy! Hell of a first buck!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
        Nice! Congratulations to your boy! Hell of a first buck!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thank you

Comment

one of the best threads ever, can't believe it was started in 2013

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
            one of the best threads ever, can't believe it was started in 2013
            thank you sir its only 50 acres but we put in a lot of time out there, and as you can tell, it hasnt paid off very much in deer but we have a great time with it.

i wish all the pics were still there, my photobucket account crashed and i dont think i have those saved anywhere any more. (actually just found that my photobucket account is still there but that site SUCKS!)

i have made my mind up that my boys will get first crack at bucks on this place, even during archery season they can use the crossbow, i have a couple other spots reserved for myself. so we have some big plans this spring and summer to move and raise the stand and make it more user friendly for them, remove cedars and trim up the oaks around the food plot and try to get the food plot going good again. the boys are ready and will be doing some of the work

you can see the stand kind of in the center in the middle of some cedars, we are going to move back to around where the yellow box is and food plot where the red lines are, probably close to 2-3 acres or so of plot. when we remove the cedars and trim up the other trees and brush it should make for a good view to the east. and i will probably have a tree stand or two mixed in around the plot, just in case something shows up dad "needs" to kill

at the top of the map you can see that cleared out area on my north fence, thats going to be an rv park, yippee, so we are going to try to make a huge brush pile with everything we cut down to keep the view obstructed from the food plot. not that it will stop them, but maybe it will help a little.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jshouse; 01-25-2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              thank you sir its only 50 acres but we put in a lot of time out there, and as you can tell, it hasnt paid off very much in deer but we have a great time with it.

i wish all the pics were still there, my photobucket account crashed and i dont think i have those saved anywhere any more. (actually just found that my photobucket account is still there but that site SUCKS!)

i have made my mind up that my boys will get first crack at bucks on this place, even during archery season they can use the crossbow, i have a couple other spots reserved for myself. so we have some big plans this spring and summer to move and raise the stand and make it more user friendly for them, remove cedars and trim up the oaks around the food plot and try to get the food plot going good again. the boys are ready and will be doing some of the work

you can see the stand kind of in the center in the middle of some cedars, we are going to move back to around where the yellow box is and food plot where the red lines are, probably close to 2-3 acres or so of plot. when we remove the cedars and trim up the other trees and brush it should make for a good view to the east. and i will probably have a tree stand or two mixed in around the plot, just in case something shows up dad "needs" to kill

at the top of the map you can see that cleared out area on my north fence, thats going to be an rv park, yippee, so we are going to try to make a huge brush pile with everything we cut down to keep the view obstructed from the food plot. not that it will stop them, but maybe it will help a little.
              Looks great! Congrats on the buck! I'll be following along this year to see how it's going.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                Looks great! Congrats on the buck! I'll be following along this year to see how it's going.
                Thanks man, same to you on your place

Comment

me and logan finally made it out there after planting a little over a month ago. it rained hard right after we planted and looks like some of the seed got washed away but we have some good stuff coming up. i still need to mow, trim some trees, and move the stand, but need it to dry out before i can out there.

it looks like the feeder stopped working a few weeks ago, only had 1 pic of a buck with some velvet but there were tracks all over the soggy ground. a lot of the clover we disc'ed up is coming back too which is good.

will try to get back out in a week or 2 and check the cam and make sure that feeder is working, it started raining on us out there and we had a long walk back to the truck so i didnt mess with it.

Comment

Pics

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pics

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, it definitely got some rain! My place has received about 3" since I planted almost 3 weeks ago. Hoping to get back up to check my plot here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          Man, it definitely got some rain! My place has received about 3" since I planted almost 3 weeks ago. Hoping to get back up to check my plot here soon.
                          Good luck we should have sprayed before discing, maybe the weeds will help a bit when it starts getting real hot.

Comment

I'll update with a few pics of the bucks we are going after. The first one just showed back up, haven't seen him since last January. The 2nd one is long tined 9 and the 3rd one is also a solid 9pt for our spot.

My boys are pumped, they get first shot on this property. I'm hoping the bottom 2 come out first because I know they won't pass them, and they leave the top one for dad[emoji3][emoji3]

We may try to get out tomorrow evening after school and then again this weekend.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

That 2nd one is better than he looks in that pic above

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

looking good! you still running that free choice feeder?

Comment

Working...
                                X