Oven Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oven Jerky

Had some Backstrap Cutlets that I thawed but they didn't get cooked at a party I had last weekend so I needed to do something with them.

Thought I would try the Oven Jerky deal since I have read that it works well.

I used this online recipe. The pieces were so short because they came from cutlets they I had to use toothpicks to hang them on the oven racks.

Turned out well but this recipe needs some modification. There is no heat to them so more pepper and maybe some cayenne needs to be added and more red pepper flakes.

Not bad for a first try. They cooked at 175 degrees for 5 hours.

Think I will get a dehydrator now that I want to start trying my hand at the jerky game.
    Attached Files

Pics start to finish
    Attached Files

Comment

It is looking so yummy. I love it.

Comment

You better clean the oven before your other half sees it

Jerky looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          You better clean the oven before your other half sees it

Jerky looks good.
          Oh I had to clean it good.

Comment

The piece I had was very tasty!

Comment

If you will lay the meat on paper towels and pat them dry before you put them in the oven it doesn’t make much of a mess, less clean up.

Comment

I make my jerky in the oven with a big roasting pan with a rack in the bottom of it....not sure what it's called, but we have two of them. Nothing on the bottom of the oven...

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                  If you will lay the meat on paper towels and pat them dry before you put them in the oven it doesn’t make much of a mess, less clean up.
                  They'll dry out a good bit faster too.

OP, get the dehydrator. It's nice to have the rack to lay the meat on, and you won't have to clean your oven. And you'll find other things to make with it. I make fruit rollups for my niece/nephew, dog treats, and dried herbs / mushrooms with mine.

Comment

I have some meat that is needing to be used. This might be just the ticket.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

It does make it dry faster, instead of 8-10 hrs it only took about 5.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          They'll dry out a good bit faster too.

OP, get the dehydrator. It's nice to have the rack to lay the meat on, and you won't have to clean your oven. And you'll find other things to make with it. I make fruit rollups for my niece/nephew, dog treats, and dried herbs / mushrooms with mine.

Comment

It's good but makes a mess in the oven.

Comment

yummy

Comment

Working...
                              X