No announcement yet.

AR rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in PA they had a 3pt or 4pt per side rule depending on your county. Guys still complain and whine against it. Some want no rule, some want a spread rule instead. But junior (under 16), seniors, disabled, and active military can shoot anything with antlers 3" or longer.

I haven't had the chance to hunt in the two years I have lived here in TX because my health has been awful the whole time. But I am fine with the 13" rule.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
      I wish the rule didn't apply to kids, but then the adults would have the kids tag their deer.
      Give kids a license with one tag then?

Comment

There will be complainers no matter what. Most are the ones calling themselves "meat" hunters only to pass many does to shoot a 2 year old buck.

Comment

The problem with that is that in a lot of AR counties does are not legal.
          I see we may be getting 4 doe days in Washington County, we need it.
          My property is covered up with does. We have been a AR county for some time and at least where I am, every once in a while you hear of someone getting a big one but, we almost never see a legal buck.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Give kids a license with one tag then?
            What good would that do?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              There will be complainers no matter what. Most are the ones calling themselves "meat" hunters only to pass many does to shoot a 2 year old buck.
              HA! Yep, that cracks me up too. That's the same guy that says, "Can't eat them horns".

Comment

We can only shoot does until Thanksgiving. I work shift work so my kids missed the first 2 weeks of season.. I would rather kill does myself than a small buck. But I would like to be able to kill does the entire season. It's nothing to see 8 to 10 does to 1 buck. Ar rules have helped. But I have seen several deer that were well over 200 lbs with tall narrow racks.. they would probably be barely legal if a person wanted to risk it.

Not everyone hunts horns and believes every deer needs to be 7 years old to shoot just like a lot of people dont give a crap about catching 30 inch trout..theres a place for both kinds of people and neither are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X