Preference Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
    Texas doesn't need a preference point option. Just put into the highest demand hunt and or sometimes the best hunt. you will have a 0.005% chance of drawing with your 10 preference points cubed.
    Be careful what you wish for. You may just get drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
      TPWD will not let you keep your points. My case: 2021 Chaparral WMA Javelina hunt. Couldn’t make the drive in the historic ice event. Documented deadly wrecks everywhere. Emailed TPWD to plea case. Their reply was basically “sorry for your luck”. 11 preference points gone on a hunt I couldn’t attend due to conditions out of my control.
      Now that was a great hunt. Mid-40s at the Chap with on and off rain for two days. Deer were eating all our corn before the javis could get to it. There were a couple groups of hunters who had braved the drive from the DFW area. And only a couple of standbys showed up. We cut our hunt short and drove back to San Antonio the night of Feb. 13. I'm guessing whoever stayed to hunt Sunday the 14th had an interesting trip back home as it got western real quick.

The Savage 340C in .222 was my wife's grandfather's. Took down the javi at 27 yards. My eyes are getting too old for iron sights!

Comment

Nice muley Mule Skinner .

And iron sights will always be fun, even when I get to where I can't see no more. Just need someone to tell me where I hit so I can take a second shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Nice muley Mule Skinner .

And iron sights will always be fun, even when I get to where I can't see no more. Just need someone to tell me where I hit so I can take a second shot.
          How bout I provide the follow-up shot with younger eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            How bout I provide the follow-up shot with younger eyes?

The blind leading the blind ! I'm in!

Edit: Wait! I thought you said "your eyes" meaning my eyes. My dyslexia dialect ...

Comment

Working...
            X