No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with pigs being everywhere! I was covered up with them on my last scouting trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are just extras when deer hunting. They make some pretty good sausage anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post

I agree with pigs being everywhere! I was covered up with them on my last scouting trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Same here. They weren't really even phased by me either. They saw me... and then just kind of walked away, but still hung out in the thick brush, just waiting on me to leave.

Comment

That's the picture I'm hopin to see. Not super large piggy about 15 yards away. If I can get him/her to climb into the truck first even better.

Comment

My first year hunting at lake A and W.
            Got one question about the rules. I don’t really see anything about wearing orange while scouting. Do you Have to wear orange while scouting, or you don’t have to?

I know you wear orange while you are walking around to your Hunting spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
              My first year hunting at lake A and W.
              Got one question about the rules. I don’t really see anything about wearing orange while scouting. Do you Have to wear orange while scouting, or you don’t have to?

I know you wear orange while you are walking around to your Hunting spot.
              It is suggested. But not mandatory if you're not carrying a weapon. Lots of hikers and horse people out there.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Looks like im not going to make it out there til Nov , dog is taking up all my free time.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  Looks like im not going to make it out there til Nov , dog is taking up all my free time.

I do understand. Maybe we can get in a duck hunt.

Comment

Found a couple new spots to try last weekend and figured out how hard it can be to cross the lake in a good wind with only myself in the canoe.

Wife and I are sighted in, excited to be back in the woods

Comment

Originally posted by Dalep View Post
                      Found a couple new spots to try last weekend and figured out how hard it can be to cross the lake in a good wind with only myself in the canoe.

Wife and I are sighted in, excited to be back in the woods
                      I have hunted hogs on the lake before, and on a windy day.... it sounds like a day on the beach. Whitney definitely whitecaps. Not sure that I would be brave enough to take it on a canoe... but I guess it just depends on where you put in, and how far the paddle is. Props to you sir!!! Some of the other guys here are more familiar with the lake and may have some pointers, as I have never been on it with a boat either. Just my observations from the land.
                      Last edited by da_pepper; 10-01-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I've been in a 3 foot chop on the upper end 4 times. That was in 13 and 14 foot boats. And once in a 16 footer. It's a scary situation. And been in a 3.5 foot chop twice. When your dog looks at you like "We gonna make it back?", you know it's bad.

The wind can pick that water up and make it terrible. The more room it has to do it, the worse it can get.

Comment

Specially a south or North wind. Has all that space to push water upriver or down. Even in my 18 footer it can get hairy. Good luck to all tomorrow. I'm giving you a two week head start so don't waste it.

Comment

And don't yall forget about the drag boat races Gary Snow (Gene Snow's brother) host on the upper end. Have them every year first weekend in Oct.

Comment

Do folks hunt all day or call it around 10am or 11am?

Planning on visiting the area this weekend, but don't want to mess up someone morning hunt.

Comment

I usually call it around 10am if I'm not seeing any action.

Comment

Working...
                                X