No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m new to public hunting and bow hunting this year been rifle hunting since the ‘70s. I’ve been baiting 2 places once a week for 2 months now. I took my climbing tree stand out yesterday evening and sat for 3 hours had 4 different does come in and obviously smelt me they snorted several times while running off. The mosquitos are horrible so I used a thermocell with earth sent pads and used raccoon urine for cover sent. Does anyone else use thermocell and does it really not spook dear like it claims?

Comment

Originally posted by CDF View Post
      I’m new to public hunting and bow hunting this year been rifle hunting since the ‘70s. I’ve been baiting 2 places once a week for 2 months now. I took my climbing tree stand out yesterday evening and sat for 3 hours had 4 different does come in and obviously smelt me they snorted several times while running off. The mosquitos are horrible so I used a thermocell with earth sent pads and used raccoon urine for cover sent. Does anyone else use thermocell and does it really not spook dear like it claims?
      Always use thermocell never spooks deer.

Comment

Just saw where Grandbury is only releasing 97 cfs! Yeah! PK is releasing 100 cfs. They may be closing them down soon.

W lake is .29 feet below normal.

A lake is .36 feet below normal.

Comment

Originally posted by bucktracker View Post
          where's da pepper?😜
          right here bucktracker..... or atleast I assume you were talking about me? lol Sorry, its been a while since I have logged in.

Comment

This my second year hunting Whitney/Aquilla, though I have been coming to the lake my whole life do to my grand parents owning property off of the lake. Couldn't be more excited to get out there this weekend, Hope all the hard work from this off season pays off. Good luck to you all and hope to get to know some of you guys.

Comment

Good luck to all. I haven't even scouted yet. I drew a Big Lake Bottom hunt this weekend so I'm going there first. I like to give the competition a head start anyway .

Comment

Man, there are lots of hogs out there this year. I had a group of 4 walk up on me while scouting. Also, almost stepped on a rattler... so be extra careful when out hunting everyone.

Comment

Hogs? That's what I've been hearing, lots of hogs this year. I'd rather hunt hogs than deer anyway. [emoji1]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Plenty of both mike. But if you’re more concerned with hogs go ahead and dm me your most productive deer spots and I’ll dm you my favourite hog spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                      Plenty of both mike. But if you’re more concerned with hogs go ahead and dm me your most productive deer spots and I’ll dm you my favourite hog spots.
                      Oh, I might have a hog spot or three. Just take alook at my albums in my profile named Few Public critters. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-29-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Hogs? That's what I've been hearing, lots of hogs this year. I'd rather hunt hogs than deer anyway. [emoji1]

I don't mind hogs! But I definitely want to see some deer too. Best of both. Limited season for deer. Not so much for hogs...

Comment

Yep lots of pork. Three sections I went to had lots of hog sign.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                            I'm outta hog so after opening week I'm coming out to collect some pork!

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                              Same... I hear its everywhere. So we shouldn't have any issues with hogs!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                I'm outta hog so after opening week I'm coming out to collect some pork!
                                I ran out of hog due to freezer going out. Luckily, it didn't go completely bad, I just had to grill all of the back straps, and eat them for a week. I later learned from a "Meat Eater" article, that I could've refroze them, since they never were room temp. They were just barely dethawed.

Comment

Working...
                                X