Nannie Stringfellow hog hunt Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowa1210 View Post
    Last time we hunted Nannie pushed water the entire drive to the stand. Put corn on any little ant hill we could find.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    We also hunted a pecan orchard across hardtop and the left of headquarters. That all seemed high and drive and a bike could be used.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Comment

I expect it will be worse than big lake bottoms. I'm not renting a UTV this time. I'll just have to walk. I'm taking guns and bow. Good luck on the 3rd.

Comment

love those hunts. already said, Thermocell and Corn. Be prepared for rain and mud. Wouldn't recommend bikes, most blinds you can drive within a reasonable walking distance. call before you go and ask about conditions.

Comment

Pray for dry and cold... Wet and warm = the mosquitos will carry you off..
          Go Killem.

Comment

The boy is excited. Told him he could use my new gun, Christensen Arms 300wsm. Line em up!

Comment

So I figured a picture would give additional perspective. This is one of the “roads” in our compartment from 5 years ago. Exciting to navigate even with a Polaris. Some of the roads in our compartment were impassable even with the ATV. They had some decent rains that years but nothing excessive.

Main road on each side of FM road is gravel for 100 yds or so but turns to dirt once they enter the trees. The main road is higher and a little better than the compartment roads but during our hunt was non-passable with a 4wd truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another for perspective.

Comment

The plus side is that place is loaded with hogs. Best of luck to you.

Comment

That looks like Big Lake Bottoms. Got an ATV stuck about 2 miles from the road in there. Never will forget the come along again...

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                      That looks like Big Lake Bottoms. Got an ATV stuck about 2 miles from the road in there. Never will forget the come along again...
                      Best of luck on the hunt.
                      If it's dry a bike works at BLB, but when it's super dry the ground can have 3"+ cracks that will eat a standard bike tire.

Comment

Email went out today for the February 7-9 hunt.

Comment

Anyone going on the Feb 7 to 9 hunt that has an ATV, wanted to see if we can make a deal so I could ride with someone. I usually rent one from Sunbelt but they don't have one available. At least not yet.

Comment

It's going to be a sloppy, muddy, slick mess out there. We don't live too far away and it is bad just walking through our yard. I can imagine what the "dirt" roads out there will look like after a dozen or so ATV's churn their way through. No thanks!

Comment

Packed up and headed out in the AM. We are going to treat this as a pack in hunt. Live to follow.

Comment

Heck, my deer lease roads are worse than the roads in those pics………… and I pay big $ for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X