No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a ranch/land 2-3 hours from Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilden posted an amazing place not far from Houston.

Comment

All PMs returned...I hope.

Comment

I have a follow up question:
        If I found a place by myself, should I even involve a realtor? It would basically be a gift since I found it on my own. Is there a possibility of negotiating sales price down if the seller isn't paying the 3% to a buyer's agent? I definitely see the value of a realtor when selling, but buying? Hopefully this doesn't seem callous...just thinking it through.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
            I have a follow up question:
            If I found a place by myself, should I even involve a realtor? It would basically be a gift since I found it on my own. Is there a possibility of negotiating sales price down if the seller isn't paying the 3% to a buyer's agent? I definitely see the value of a realtor when selling, but buying? Hopefully this doesn't seem callous...just thinking it through.
            I ask this on your other thread, and you didn’t answer it, but I don’t understand your calling it a gift since you found the property. How is it a gift?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              I ask this on your other thread, and you didn’t answer it, but I don’t understand your calling it a gift since you found the property. How is it a gift?
              I think he's saying it would be a "gift" to the realtor he employed...

OP, I know of two large places in Houston County that are off market (or, they were mid December). Both are significantly larger than what you asked about, but if you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                I think he's saying it would be a "gift" to the realtor he employed...
                This was my initial mindset. If I found a $1MM property on my own then just getting a realtor involved would've given him/her $30K for me finding the place myself. I said initially because I now see that finding the property isn't the only thing a realtor does.

Comment

Got it now.

It sounds like you need a professional, whether a lawyer or realtor. Have you even thought about requiring a survey? Most people don’t think they need a survey, especially when the property is fenced. They want to save the cost, but it can cost a whole lot more to “fix” boundary line and other issues that may be revealed later. I would never buy land without a survey. You also certainly want to require a title policy, and the title insurer will require the survey.

EVERYTHING is negotiable.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

30 acres is hitting the market today I believe here in Franklin. There is actually 3 10 acre tracts that can be bought together or separately. Power and water will be run along the all weather road. You’ll have to pay for your power drop and water meter install.

Comment

2-3 hours from Houston is 2-3 hours from DFW which is 2-3 hours from San Antonio/ Austin, lots of people looking for the same thing, you will need to move fast when you find it, best of luck with the search.

Comment

Working...
                        X