Dallas Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
    Dan Quinn is returning to the Cowboys next year!
    Gotta love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      I can see Sean in Dallas in the near future. But, he is not the type to let Jerrah run the show on personnel, draft picks, and free agents.

I don't think he wanted to move on from the Saints as much as he wanted to move on from the cesspool and liberal run New Orleans.
      I'm not sure about the sewer that is NO, but the team is in the shape he put them in by paying Taysom Hill To be a gadget player, among other things. His personnel moves havn't been any better (potentially worse) than the Cowboys.

I don't believe Jerry will pay what it takes to get it done this year, but I bet he helps Payton get whatever TV job he wants, and they have some sort of agreement for the future in case he decides to part ways with McCarthy.

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Hard to predict but a friend of ours who works for Mrs Benson as one of her auto dealer GM's and who knows a little bit about the insider stuff says that Peyton is very tight with Mrs Benson and is very loyal to her and the family. Don't know how much this means but if Peyton wants out of the Nola cesspool I'm sure Mrs Benson would understand. I would also venture that Peyton thinks more of the Benson family than he ever would the Jones. On the other hand money talks as it always does.

He just quit the Bensons, and Payton and Jerry have been very close since his previous time here in Dallas, and remain so. I know you hate the Jones family, but lets try to operate in reality.

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
      You guys do know that he retired and is free to go wherever he wants to right?
      If he works in the NFL, the Saints still have his rights, as I understand it...and must be compensated for them.

Comment

Wrong.

Comment

Apparently Peyton is leaving the Saints and is looking at a gig in broadcasting as of sports news from 2 days ago. I don't watch or listen to any sports casts or news so I got behind the trees on this. There seems to be a few years left on his contract so maybe he will sit it out until it's up or somebody buys it out. Considering this past season I doubt his stock is worth the price.
          I would go for a Payton/Romo duo. Beats the hail out of Joe Buck/anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            Apparently Peyton is leaving the Saints and is looking at a gig in broadcasting as of sports news from 2 days ago. I don't watch or listen to any sports casts or news so I got behind the trees on this. There seems to be a few years left on his contract so maybe he will sit it out until it's up or somebody buys it out. Considering this past season I doubt his stock is worth the price.
            I would go for a Payton/Romo duo. Beats the hail out of Joe Buck/anybody.
            His stock is higher than anyone's out there. What he did with the Saints this year was pretty amazing. Between Covid and no QB or receivers they still came close to making the playoffs. Had the Rams not choked against the 49'ers they would have. I hate seeing him leave the Saints. Jerrah should offer something really good right now if the Cowboys want a super bowl before he is frozen next to Ted Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              His stock is higher than anyone's out there. What he did with the Saints this year was pretty amazing. Between Covid and no QB or receivers they still came close to making the playoffs. Had the Rams not choked against the 49'ers they would have. I hate seeing him leave the Saints. Jerrah should offer something really good right now if the Cowboys want a super bowl before he is frozen next to Ted Williams.
              Can't disagree with him being a top coach but I hate to see his talent wasted with the Joneses . Jones will never see another SB win regardless who the coach is. Besides Cowboys has a worse QB than Saints had.

Comment

well, he can go where ever someone wants him, BUT IT'S GONNA COST WHO EVER GETS HIM.
                Probably a couple of #1 draft picks.

I don't know if the Saints can keep him out of their division....maybe.

Comment

After watching and enjoying both the divisional and conference playoff games I have come to the conclusion that Dak will never be anything more than an average QB if that even. Of the QBs in the games I figure Dak can be compared to Gorapolo the most.

Both have average arms and are semi-mobile QBs. Both can make decent decisions given ample time. Neither makes good decisions or throws under pressure. How you pay Dak 40 mil per year is beyond crazy to me. It will be real interesting to see how much Gorapolo gets as his contract just ended.

As for the rest of the Boys, their lack of discipline has never been so outrageously evident. The Bengals O-line isn’t much better at pass blocking than the Boys and yet get very few penalties. Additionally, how can any head coach allow their team to commit 14 penalties for over 150 yds?? Lastly, if you don’t have a superstar QB why not get stud O-lineman instead of star receivers??

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    After watching and enjoying both the divisional and conference playoff games I have come to the conclusion that Dak will never be anything more than an average QB if that even. Of the QBs in the games I figure Dak can be compared to Gorapolo the most.

Both have average arms and are semi-mobile QBs. Both can make decent decisions given ample time. Neither makes good decisions or throws under pressure. How you pay Dak 40 mil per year is beyond crazy to me. It will be real interesting to see how much Gorapolo gets as his contract just ended.

As for the rest of the Boys, their lack of discipline has never been so outrageously evident. The Bengals O-line isn’t much better at pass blocking than the Boys and yet get very few penalties. Additionally, how can any head coach allow their team to commit 14 penalties for over 150 yds?? Lastly, if you don’t have a superstar QB why not get stud O-lineman instead of star receivers??

That is all.
                    Great stuff here

Comment

Dak is another Tony Romo. Great stats but still a loser.

Comment

That is all.
                        Word

Comment

That is all.
                          I'm firmly in the OL column, but a stud wider receiver could go after/increase the odds of a catch along with running good routes. They can keep the billion dollar running backs. If you have stud OL, a decent running back will work. As we've seen, the billion dollar running back doesn't do much without a crease.

Comment

I am a cowboys fan, but saw this and thought it was pretty dang funny!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              I am a cowboys fan, but saw this and thought it was pretty dang funny!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Cowboy fan here too; That’s awesomely funny!

Comment

Report: Troy Aikman on verge of leaving Fox for ESPN's 'Monday Night Football' $$$$

Comment

Working...
                                X