elephant mountain short recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

elephant mountain short recap

i didn't see many deer or much sign until i got up on the mountain. weather was dry and warm as expected. my buck had a broken fork and broken kicker, but was still a solid deer and i was super proud to finally get that texas mule deer. they had him on camera several times at water. hes a mid-150s deer with the missing pieces. shot him right before dark across a drain and could not locate him in the dark, even though i saw him go down. everything looked different once i got over there where he was at. it was hard to leave but i knew it would be sketchy coming down the marbly slope in the dark. we had to come back the next morning but a bobcat had gotten part of him. still salvaged most all the meat. got to see some bighorns, javalina, aoudad and some montezumas quail. very cool hunt. thanks to those who pm'd me and shared your info. it helped for sure. i learned a little bit myself and look forward to helping the next tbher that draws the hunt.
    Attached Files

Wow! [emoji122] Fantastic buck. Looks beautiful and to be one heck of an adventure! Texas Mule deer!!!![emoji108][emoji106][emoji109] DANG AWESOME!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man he’s a beaut. Congrats

Comment

Very nice, congrats

Comment

Great buck and what a cool place to hunt!

Comment

Congrats on a solid buck!

They tell you to leave the aoudad alone or were you allowed to shoot them as well? Just seeing the bighorns would have made trip for me.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

On my wish list, thanks for the great pics!

Comment

Congrats! Great deer!

Comment

That's an incredible hunt and an awesome Mulie. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer! That place looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                          Congrats on a solid buck!

They tell you to leave the aoudad alone or were you allowed to shoot them as well? Just seeing the bighorns would have made trip for me.
                          They were a l tutu own the road but yes they say to not shoot them. They do.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                            They were a l tutu own the road but yes they say to not shoot them. They do.
                            I’m surprised I would think they would want those things gone ASAP with the bighorns around.

Comment

Good deal, nice buck. The views would have been worth taking the trip for, but coming back with a buck, would really make the trip worth while.

Comment

Working...
                              X