No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the guys versed in hunting around weather fronts: Friday looks nasty from start to finish. Obviously Saturday is going to be very nice but I can't hunt that day.

My question is, would Thursday afternoon before the rain sets in potentially be any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Question for the guys versed in hunting around weather fronts: Friday looks nasty from start to finish. Obviously Saturday is going to be very nice but I can't hunt that day.

My question is, would Thursday afternoon before the rain sets in potentially be any good?

From my experience, nothing trumps hunting the first couple hours after the front initially passes. If its a drizzle rain, thats my favorite time to be in a box or ground blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
        From my experience, nothing trumps hunting the first couple hours after the front initially passes. If its a drizzle rain, thats my favorite time to be in a box or ground blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Absolutely true, but that fronts gonna pass through sometime overnight Friday and into early Saturday morning, so that's not gonna work. Initially this front was supposed to pass through on Saturday and Sunday was going to be the best day, so I made other plans accordingly.

Comment

Well, thought I would take a chance this week and make a trip to my lease in Houston county. Have had a lot of "life" getting in the way this season.

With having the wife's birthday middle next week, then mine beginning of week after and our saviors at the end, next couple weeks are not looking good. I am running out of time.

Didnt get here until Tuesday morning and weather was decent, saw nothing but doe's (which I was hoping to thin out this season, but....lack of time) and had a sounder of hogs at feeder a couple hundred yards away and two different ones on either side of me at the same time in the evening. Both Tuesday & Wednesday. Guess I need to make thinning hogs a priority again after this season.

As of now, it looks like I will be putting all my chips in on the week between Christmas and New Years.

But also a little discouraged, as the two actual shooter bucks that have been around all year have not show on camera in about a week and a half. Day or night. There are several youngsters showing after dark that would be legal, but not what I am trying to accomplish at this place.

I sure hope the magical late season everyone speaks of will bless me with a miracle.

Sorry for the long read with no progress or nothing positive to give. I look forward to what you all are able to get on the ground.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
            How high are you putting those demand feeders off the ground? And are they high enough that you don’t have problems with hogs?
            not high enough...

Comment

Need to make a trip up for this one!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Filled pens this afternoon. Main event again making daylight appearances. All 9:00-10:30am

@&$*+^ing swine are now daily in every pen. Eating about 150# daily…. And uprooted my free choice feeder in one. Feed pen only thing that kept it on property

I hate these vermin with every fiber of my being. 220 dead and I have more than when I started

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  Need to make a trip up for this one!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
                  Oh hail no!!

Comment

I just found out the buck I've been waiting to come back to his core got shot several weeks ago on another lease.

I feel like I got kicked in the nads and punched in the gut at the same time. I am just sick. I had all the chances in the world in early October and never went in after him because it was too **** hot. Now I'm **** outta luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Filled pens this afternoon. Main event again making daylight appearances. All 9:00-10:30am

@&$*+^ing swine are now daily in every pen. Eating about 150# daily…. And uprooted my free choice feeder in one. Feed pen only thing that kept it on property

I hate these vermin with every fiber of my being. 220 dead and I have more than when I started
                      They're getting in your pens? How tall are they?

Comment

Full panels cut in half… 24”-25”. Worked for a few years. But they have them figured out now. I’m outta luck

After season I’m replacing all with hog panels and will stop feeding in them and switch over to coral traps. After I take out some known ring leaders I’ll start feed pens back up

Can’t have nice things……

Comment

Full panels cut in half… 24”-25”. Worked for a few years. But they have them figured out now. I’m outta luck

After season I’m replacing all with hog panels and will stop feeding in them and switch over to coral traps. After I take out some known ring leaders I’ll start feed pens back up

Can’t have nice things……

Half to change your name to medium fence.

Have you tried 2 strands of barb wire above the panels? Works for me on some i made too short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Question. If they are in your feed pens daily and consuming 150 lbs of corn daily why are you not out there shooting them in the earhole?

Comment

Loggers are at it again on our lease, setting up today to start clear cutting again on Monday. The area they are cutting was thinned in September, and took me some work to clear all the limbs they left around my popup. Guess I'll be moving that stand this weekend.

I had a pig pipe staked out there until the hogs broke it off the chain and rolled it no telling where during October. One of the loggers saw the chain wrapped around the stake and how the ground was torn in a circle, and thought someone had staked out a dog there. Told the lease manager he was going to call SPCA about it until it was explained to him.
                              I'm getting tired of loggers.

Comment

… cause I typically have stuff to do between 1:30am and 3:45am. Lol
                                …. But today’s horrible wind allowed me to hunt there trail way off the pen and intercept them!

That ought to slow it don’t to 90 or so pounds a day…
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X