2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
    The buck I have been after all season showed back up this week after disappearing for a month.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    That’s a stud. Good luck getting him sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
      What did y’all say the big bucks in Rusk County was doing.

They are laying low. Tons of young bucks moving around. Sticking to the thicket I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4 hrs = 3 deer

Comment

I’ve been following this thread since day 1. Had a couple of really awesome East Tx bucks this season hanging around but they have disappeared. Both mature and I have watched 1 for 7+ yrs. It’s hard when they don’t return mid season like they normally do. Hopefully whoever got him is grinning from ear to ear. Passed on a couple nice 4 yr olds within bow range holding out for the big boys.

I took my son out with me opening of Rifle season and he got a double. Literally dropped both bucks within 5’ of each other. Both we had never seen before and he did perfect dropping them with excellent placed shots. My deer season is over unless my main target returns however I can’t complain after the Kudu surprise I was able to take last week as many of you already know. Pretty memorable season with hopes that it isn’t over just yet!

Deer activity has been a little different this season than years past but still seeing good numbers. Not sure if weather or pressure from neighboring hunters. I have seen less dead deer on the highway near me so that’s good. We went through a rough start at bow season with trespassing, cell cams jacked with as well as stolen, neighbor issues searching for deer on my place and finding dead deer at my stand gut shot early October.

I’m still itching to get in the saddle and take a deer with the bow. Need some colder temps to hang around so my food plots can get more action and maybe just maybe big boy return.
          Attached Files

Comment

First weekend I haven't been to the lease since September. I would be hunting now but I have a party to attend tonight. Sounds like I couldn't have picked a better weekend to take a break because those at the lease aren't seeing much.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              I’ve been following this thread since day 1. Had a couple of really awesome East Tx bucks this season hanging around but they have disappeared. Both mature and I have watched 1 for 7+ yrs. It’s hard when they don’t return mid season like they normally do. Hopefully whoever got him is grinning from ear to ear. Passed on a couple nice 4 yr olds within bow range holding out for the big boys.

I took my son out with me opening of Rifle season and he got a double. Literally dropped both bucks within 5’ of each other. Both we had never seen before and he did perfect dropping them with excellent placed shots. My deer season is over unless my main target returns however I can’t complain after the Kudu surprise I was able to take last week as many of you already know. Pretty memorable season with hopes that it isn’t over just yet!

Deer activity has been a little different this season than years past but still seeing good numbers. Not sure if weather or pressure from neighboring hunters. I have seen less dead deer on the highway near me so that’s good. We went through a rough start at bow season with trespassing, cell cams jacked with as well as stolen, neighbor issues searching for deer on my place and finding dead deer at my stand gut shot early October.

I’m still itching to get in the saddle and take a deer with the bow. Need some colder temps to hang around so my food plots can get more action and maybe just maybe big boy return.
              Congrats to your son and that’s a nice Piney Woods Kudu.

Comment

Man this weather is terrible. I think I’m farther north than most of y’all as I am 30min south of Texarkana. It’s forecasted to cool down over the next two days but who knows. The warm front seems to have the skunks stirring at night

Comment

Looking forward to hunting the rain tomorrow instead of the muggy and foggy weather we have had this past week. I’ve always liked hunting the rain in a good all weather blind. Seems like that’s when the big boys like to move and rework scrapes.

Comment

Yall hang in there. We are only a couple weeks from the best hunting of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Yall hang in there. We are only a couple weeks from the best hunting of the year.
                      The fat lady ain’t even close to singing yet!!

Comment

Great weekend lots of deer moving. Back on the protein

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I go home the 15th and I’m off for two weeks. Should be prime time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Great weekend lots of deer moving. Back on the protein

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                            Man we didn't see squat this weekend. I even got outside the box (literally and figuratively) and climbed a tree near a freshly worked scrape along a creek bottom where no one ever goes, and I didn't even see a bird.

My Plan C buck did show up in daylight, yesterday afternoon in fact, so I know he's still around. I'm gonna wait till the next good front blows through Saturday and go back up then.

Comment

We got burned this weekend too. Nothin but sweat. Until dark. Over night had 2 monsters hanging at the feeders that havent seen all year

Comment

Ended up not going this weekend because of the heat, I was sweating getting stuff in the truck and decided it was a little warm. Hopefully get to go this weekend when it cools down a little

Comment

Working...
                                X