Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to break it to you, but a lot of people still watch the NFL and the NFL still makes a ton of money.

What is crazy is college coaches salaries getting up there and beating NFL salaries with 5-10% of the revenue.

Comment

Just a thought... Maybe the whole NIL thing will slow the transfer portal fad. I'd be curious to know if some of these contracts will have restrictions/clauses in case the athlete changes schools? On top of that, if you spend a couple years building a brand, how much money will they stand to lose if they change schools and have to start over?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        I hate to break it to you, but a lot of people still watch the NFL and the NFL still makes a ton of money.

What is crazy is college coaches salaries getting up there and beating NFL salaries with 5-10% of the revenue.
        Obviously! I was just shocked because all I have heard is pro sport viewership has fallen off.

Just shows you how much money is in the colleges. Also shows what these schools will do to keep up or try to get ahead. Interesting all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
          Just a thought... Maybe the whole NIL thing will slow the transfer portal fad. I'd be curious to know if some of these contracts will have restrictions/clauses in case the athlete changes schools? On top of that, if you spend a couple years building a brand, how much money will they stand to lose if they change schools and have to start over?
          good point. If I as a company endorsed a player and he leaves I'd want my $$ back? It will get so complicated that these players will need attorneys and agents and now they are professionals. I hate it.

Comment

I have a hard time believing that USC had just $60 million in revenue. I think that the revenue of major college progams is more like 16-20% of the total of an NFL team. Colleges don't have anywhere near the payroll that NFL teams do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
              They aren't going to ask for their money back or restrict the athlete's movements, but it will stipulate that they are a scholarship athlete of 'X' school for them to receive payment.

Comment

Leal going pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Leal going pro.

Saw that. I hate to see him go but it was expected. He’s gonna make a lot of money at the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 College Football - Championship Week

Freeman will get promoted, per the www and Rees will stay as OC.

Last edited by Chad C; 12-01-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

What will be the difference between watching college football on Friday and Saturday and the pro's on Sunday! Everyone is paid for their performance. I don't research like lot's of folks on here. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        What will be the difference between watching college football on Friday and Saturday and the pro's on Sunday! Everyone is paid for their performance. I don't research like lot's of folks on here. Just curious.
                        The color of the jerseys. And, in general, college football is much more interesting and cutting edge than pro football.

Comment

Gonna be like the Wild Thing on Major League the movie.....everybody gonna be worried about their money and their brand/fame instead of playing ball....

Comment

I’m fine with the NIL as a fairness issue but the unintended consequences will be very destructive for many. It’s hard enough for rookie professionals to handle having all that money dumped in their lap. Those sad stories are well known. How much worse will it be with 18-20 year olds with money-grubbing family members and hangers-on? Some will be able to handle it but there will be many more sad stories

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Freeman will get promoted, per the www and Rees will stay as OC.

I like the move to stay in house with those two dudes and continue to build.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                I’m fine with the NIL as a fairness issue but the unintended consequences will be very destructive for many. It’s hard enough for rookie professionals to handle having all that money dumped in their lap. Those sad stories are well known. How much worse will it be with 18-20 year olds with money-grubbing family members and hangers-on? Some will be able to handle it but there will be many more sad stories
                                Utter chaos.

Comment

Working...
                                X