X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=rvd;15964194]
    Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

LSU isn’t spending chump change on coaches, that’s real money. The endowment is small compared to many other universities, just a matter of priorities and we all know the priority in BR which is their prerogative but funny to some.

I think Kelly is a great hire, the man wants a natty.

I was complementing LSU on being a football school to pony up a contract that equals roughly 20% of the school’s endowment.

After today, I’m realizing the lack of commitment my university is making towards football and it’s sad. Urban Meyer told Texas they aren’t committed enough as to why he turned down the job and I’m starting to see that. I’m jealous of the moves other schools are making to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Kelly is known for running a “clean program” (no bag game) so be interesting to see him right in the thickest bag game of them all.
      You can't possibly buy that? There is no such thing, and I'd bet ND is as dirty as most. They just have a stronger system for it. Who is better at keeping secrets than catholics?

Comment

2021 College Football - Championship Week

Notre Dame has the easiest path to the CFP of all teams in the country and couldn’t get a title. Now this yankee who’s never coached in the south is gonna go down to the boot and get it done?? This might be one of the worst cultural fits I’ve seen. He’s gonna get out in the humidity in august and have a heat stroke on the practice field.

If you LSU fans are happy, good for you. I just don’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          I think Norte Dame has more of a reputation for running a clean program than Kelly himself does.

Fair.

He does seem like a whatever it takes to win guy. He’s an ******* type coach so he’s going to run some players the wrong way. Winning covers up a lot of that.

Comment

I talked to three ND fans tonight and none of them are very sad about Brian Kelly leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Fair.

He does seem like a whatever it takes to win guy. He’s an ******* type coach so he’s going to run some players the wrong way. Winning covers up a lot of that.
              It was known around CFB that Kelly really wants a national championship and that he was beginning to doubt whether it was possible at ND. I don’t think LSU needs to worry about his commitment to recruiting the SEC way.

Comment

I think Norte Dame has more of a reputation for running a clean program than Kelly himself does.
                My take as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I sabe Bob.

Just for giggles, how many Horns womens bball games will you watch this year?
                  None regular season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                    Notre Dame has the easiest path to the CFP of all teams in the country and couldn’t get a title. Now this yankee who’s never coached in the south is gonna go down to the boot and get it done?? This might be one of the worst cultural fits I’ve seen. He’s gonna get out in the humidity in august and have a heat stroke on the practice field.

If you LSU fans are happy, good for you. I just don’t see it.

He’s been in the CFP multiple times and has finished in top 10 multiple times all while doing it with a smaller pool of players who can achieve ND’s higher academic obligations.
                    Who else would be better? There are only a few coaches who have done better and they are not leaving.

The more I read of Kelly’s background and record, the more I like the hire. Still not sold on cultural fit

Comment

I talked to three ND fans tonight and none of them are very sad about Brian Kelly leaving.
                      That is gonna be the most interesting new hire to me. Those sanctimonious *** hats trying to put on their big show to hire an "upstanding catholic college football coach".

Aside from being the ultimate oxymoron, isn't that discrimination?

Comment

[quote=Heath;15964223]
                        Originally posted by rvd View Post

I was complementing LSU on being a football school to pony up a contract that equals roughly 20% of the school’s endowment.

After today, I’m realizing the lack of commitment my university is making towards football and it’s sad. Urban Meyer told Texas they aren’t committed enough as to why he turned down the job and I’m starting to see that. I’m jealous of the moves other schools are making to win.
                        I said this a few days ago. Some are paying 10-15 million and Texas is effing around with Sark for less than 6. Paying the basketball coach the same.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          all while doing it with a smaller pool of players who can achieve ND’s higher academic obligations.

COME ON fellas......you can't all be this naive.....it's not possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            I said this a few days ago. Some are paying 10-15 million and Texas is effing around with Sark for less than 6. Paying the basketball coach the same.

If they payed him 10 would he win more games? Would you rather pay Dumbo 10 for 8 wins?

Let him win 10, then pay him 20. Hell, pay him 3 million per win, maybe that will make him not suck so bad...they got more money than anything else.
                            Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-29-2021, 10:34 PM.

Comment

COME ON fellas......you can't all be this naive.....it's not possible!

Sure it is. How many national champions have we all heard in recent years talk in post game interviews and we need a jive translator to understand?

That’s sarcasm by the way

Comment

You are the one who brought up college baseball. We all understand the ratings...
                                You said CBB sucks. Your opinion is the virtually nonexistent one.

Btw, currently Tarleton State is within a bucket of Gonzaga in the 2nd half. If Tarleton wins or even keeps it close, the game will get more press coverage than any college baseball game including CWS games.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion but college baseball doesn't even exist when compared to college basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X