• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    And because you're a gambler!

Bet you $100 you’re right!

Comment

I think I like the Kelly hire.

Not sure what could have been a better hire.

Fickell is basically a younger version of Kelly without the records and Campbell is similar. Kelly I think is better that toilet paper soft Riley. I like Arranda but 2 years at Baylor isn’t long enough to prove he can do it long term.

He is the polar opposite of Orgeron and will hopefully fix culture issues. Now let’s see if we can make a push and build back that recruiting class.

Comment

I understand there are fans, my wife is a (younger) girls basketball coach also. I was largely picking on DDF, and BoB.....and I just don't like basketball on the whole with a few exceptions.
        BoB likes baseball, football, basketball and hockey.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          It was at least as good as your lame comments on other sports. Actually, better.

As soon as I see college athletes being handed out fake jewelry and participation trophies I may halfarse agree with you. Highly doubtful though.
          I didn't bring it up, and I didn't attempt to equate 10 year old sports, to college athletics. But you don't appear to know any more about one than the other...for all your hot air.

And college athletes (including the swamp rats) get fake jewelry and participation trophies every single year. It's called, "The Bowl Season".
          Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-29-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I for 1 am tickled sh**less that Stoops is back coaching. Get his okla homer *** out of the analyst gig on Fox. Now if we can just figure out how to get rid of Reggie Bush. Maybe they won't let him on the set with his boner after hearing the Riley news. Maybe they can get coach O to fill in for Bob.

Comment

No Jimbeaux. We told y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                BoB likes baseball, football, basketball and hockey.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                I sabe Bob.

Just for giggles, how many Horns womens bball games will you watch this year?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                  Vegas has made March madness what it is. Other than gamblers…and a few alum… who else watches college hoops. I can’t name one person in my close circle that gives a **** about hoops. I wholly agree with Dale!
                  Sorry, but the TV numbers are squarely against you. You're entitled to your preference and opinion, but on a large scale, college baseball does not register when compared to men's hoops throughout the regular season much less in March. If you don't like it, that's fine. But it is reality.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    I for 1 am tickled sh**less that Stoops is back coaching. Get his okla homer *** out of the analyst gig on Fox. Now if we can just figure out how to get rid of Reggie Bush. Maybe they won't let him on the set with his boner after hearing the Riley news. Maybe they can get coach O to fill in for Bob.
                    Who is going to translate?

Comment

[quote=Bayouboy;15964107]
                      Originally posted by Heath View Post

Yep. Sure is. Of course, you can break it down by each school if you prefer to make it seem even smaller if you like.

LSU must be getting their money’s worth if they can win with chump change while others lose with billions.
                      LSU isn’t spending chump change on coaches, that’s real money. The endowment is small compared to many other universities, just a matter of priorities and we all know the priority in BR which is their prerogative but funny to some.

I think Kelly is a great hire, the man wants a natty.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
                        Sorry, but the TV numbers are squarely against you. You're entitled to your preference and opinion, but on a large scale, college baseball does not register when compared to men's hoops throughout the regular season much less in March. If you don't like it, that's fine. But it is reality.
                        You are the one who brought up college baseball. We all understand the ratings...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                          I think I like the Kelly hire.

Not sure what could have been a better hire.

Fickell is basically a younger version of Kelly without the records and Campbell is similar. Kelly I think is better that toilet paper soft Riley. I like Arranda but 2 years at Baylor isn’t long enough to prove he can do it long term.

He is the polar opposite of Orgeron and will hopefully fix culture issues. Now let’s see if we can make a push and build back that recruiting class.

I like the hire too outside of the culture fit and that’s going to be interesting to watch play out. Kelly is known for running a “clean program” (no bag game) so be interesting to see him right in the thickest bag game of them all. He’s won everywhere he’s been and he will win at LSU.

I think it just shows you how very few, if any (outside Saban) slam dunk hires are out there. They are all gambles.

I’m still shocked that OU and Notre Dame lost their sitting HFCs. Talk about a historic, landscaping changing day in college football. Just absolute nuts and an awesome day for college athletics business junkie like myself.

Comment

Fred, I'm tryin to see good things in this hire, even though I hate that place......but you already went "D2 championships", and so help me if you resort to womens basketball again....

To early for 15 lbs of crawfish [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't like Brian Kelly, and I can't stand lsu....but I also don't get the disdain for the hire. These things are largely a crap shoot, it's all a matter of hitting on a few key recruits, and winning X number of games, and those *******es will jump straight on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                                I like the hire too outside of the culture fit and that’s going to be interesting to watch play out. Kelly is known for running a “clean program” (no bag game) so be interesting to see him right in the thickest bag game of them all. He’s won everywhere he’s been and he will win at LSU.

I think it just shows you how very few, if any (outside Saban) slam dunk hires are out there. They are all gambles.

I’m still shocked that OU and Notre Dame lost their sitting HFCs. Talk about a historic, landscaping changing day in college football. Just absolute nuts and an awesome day for college athletics business junkie like myself.
                                I think Norte Dame has more of a reputation for running a clean program than Kelly himself does.

Comment

Working...
                                X