Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is exciting. I am shocked it has gone this smoothly this quickly. Props to UT/OU powers for orchestrating this and SEC for jumping at it.

Need UT to have a solid year, win a bowl game and get some recruiting momentum. As you saw when Mack got to Texas, it can switch on and then you're off to the races. A&M is experiencing that now. Jimbo is recruiting like an animal. Sark has to do the same and I think he can. The state of Texas has so much talent that if we just divvy up the talent we can all be solid contenders. Again rising tides raise all ships. Its better for everyone and is dang sure more exciting.

On top of all this, my oldest is headed to Alabama in two weeks to start his freshman year. I told him he has no clue how good he has it. He loves the Horns but when we visited Bama last year, he was hooked. While I will pull for Bama I don't have it in me to say roll tide....

Hook'em

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Are the ones there all wearing hoodies donated by Jimbo?
      11 - 5* will be here tomorrow. We stacking talent to extend that 2-1 record jimbo has vs them bubba gump shrimp boat captains

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        11 - 5* will be here tomorrow. We stacking talent to extend that 2-1 record jimbo has vs them bubba gump shrimp boat captains

Lol quit cherry picking time, let’s tell the people the record since joining….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh heck I’ll share it

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            Lol quit cherry picking time, let’s tell the people the record since joining….

Bro. It aint like it used to be anymore..... Jimbo

Comment

This move was meticulously orchestrated, I don’t buy that any other “major” moves are going down anything soon. It’s all internet fodder and click bait.

These two cut the chord due to media rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This started months ago and ESPN orchestrated it. The Whorns and OU took the bait.

Comment

More like 8 of 10 didn’t bring enough to the table to garner another big money media deal.

Comment

Just dropping in to check on yall. Still delusional i see. 10-2 record projection...hahahaha!
                    Drink up boys! I'll be back later to check on the progress. Carry on.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Fmjag64; 07-30-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      Just dropping in to check on yall. Still dilutional i see. 10-2 record projection...hahahaha!
                      Drink up boys! I'll be back later to check on the progress. Carry on.
                      Just let them talk and take plenty of screen shots!! I sure hope we don't have to wait until 2025 to remind them though!!

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

I’ve seen 10-2 mentioned 1 time, [emoji23]

Last edited by Chad C; 07-30-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to include this....

"Sure, Texas has money, slick uniforms, an awesome logo and is located in a cool city. But the on-field performance does not match the reverence with which the "brand" of Texas is breathlessly discussed.

You know how many Top 10 finishes Texas has in the past 11 years? One. It finished No. 9 in 2018 with a 10-4 record after upsetting Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Texas snapped a 10-year streak of losing at least four regular-season games last season, when it went 6-3.
                          You know what other schools have one top 10 finish in the past 11 years? Cincinnati. Iowa State, Minnesota. Washington State. Houston. Iowa. Baylor. Mississippi State. Arizona. Missouri. This is who Texas keeps company with nowadays.

You know who has MORE than one top 10 finish over the past 11 years? TCU (4). Stanford (4). Michigan State (3). UCF (2). You know how many SEC teams have more than one? Seven. And that doesn’t include Oklahoma.

Texas was unranked in the final AP poll five straight seasons from 2013 to 2017. Does that sound like royalty?

But there was another long era of mediocrity before that. If you look at the 1984-2000 stretch, Texas was again just another program. Zero top 10 finishes. Ten seasons unranked. Five losing seasons.

The Longhorns have one national championship in the past 50 years. That matches the totals of BYU, Washington, Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh. No one in the Twittersphere is throwing the word "blueblood" around when talking about those programs.

Folks can say what they want about the SEC getting the Texas prestige or brand or tradition or money or footprint. What it is also getting, outside of that Mack Brown stretch, is a football team that usually isn’t all that great.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Sand Aggy is bent

Headed to the lake casita! Enjoy your weekend, fellas.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-30-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

The obsession is real.

OK let's all say it together now.... DELUSIONAL. that's D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L. One more time DELUSIONAL

You may want to give that tech degree back and quit making fun of the t shirt fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                I’ve seen 10-2 mentioned 1 time, [emoji23]

I'm dilutional. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X