Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    The commander and chief of this country has very serious mental issues and he isn't quitting.
    I think it’s only because he can’t remember the word….he tries to say I quit
    But comes out I want pudding!

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
      Jordan quit for a year to let the gambling stuff blow over.

The two that “killed” Jordan’s father were just intending to steal his Lexus. They now say they didn’t. The special I saw on it made it seem like wrong place wrong time. But Michael and his father both gambled with some shady people.

There is some room for interpretation, but I don’t believe in THAT much coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder how the other girls are doing that are actually competing.

Comment

Lol As if any one of you know what being in the Olympics and the pressure it could bring is like. From the looks of some of you, you feel pressure in your chest just walking around the grocery store. It's easy to coach from the living room. You don't know what she's gone through or where her head is at.

That's like hearing someone in the NFL sucks at football. Have you ever played in the NFL? No? Yeah figured as much.
          Last edited by okrattler; 07-29-2021, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
            I wonder how the other girls are doing that are actually competing.

They scratched out a silver in the team competition....I think the all-around/individual events started last night or soon. I don't want to dive too deep into Twitter so I can watch later..

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Lol As if any one of you know what being in the Olympics and the pressure it could bring is like. From the looks of some of you, you feel pressure in your chest just walking around the grocery store. It's easy to coach from the living room. You don't know what she's gone through or where her head is at.

That's like hearing someone in the NFL sucks at football. Have you ever played in the NFL? No? Yeah figured as much.
              She definitely doesn’t suck at gymnastics. I know nothing about being in the Olympics but I do know some about being on a team, counted on by teammates, and stress. I have failed in all categories at times but haven’t tapped out, hopefully I won’t but I might and I’ll be real disappointed in me if I do.

I hurt for her and hate that this happened, hope she can pull it together for the event finals.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                Not trying to play the devils advocate here but I wonder if some of the Hard A’s in this thread stand the same against Veterans whose mental health has been so effected by PTSD they take their own lives. Are they quitting?..

Again not saying Simons a gem but am proclaiming that mental health is in fact an actual issue with some.
                I usually never respond to these kind of back and forth topics. For the most part, I respect everyone’s opinion and I couldn’t add much that hasn’t already been said.

But your comment struck a cord. There’s zero comparison between a combat vet and Simone and your comment was a cheap shot. Everyone has the right to type as they please but man I’m just shocked that would even be brought up.

Comment

Have any of y’all looked into her reason for quitting??? Didn’t think so . The “twistes” caused her to stop. It’s when your brain and your body aren’t in sinc. To help get over it the athletes use the foam pit to check.
                  How can all you armchair quarterbacks know what’s in her head ? No other sport compares to gymnastics. They truly fly thru the air spinning and land like it’s nothing at all. One mistake could cost them their life. Apparently she had doubts about her routine. So she pulled out and let someone else compete. It’s all about the numbers. I have no doubt that if she was 100% they would have won gold. But at least the team managed silver with her gone.

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentiined but supposedly they were going to penalize her for doing things the otgers cannot so. Some way of levelling the playing field. They are saying she pulled out because she would have had to completely redo her routines and such. If she didn't it would have cost her team.

Perhaps she isn't a quitter afterall.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

How in the world have y'all not heard this? [emoji15]

Comment

Every Olympian in every event of all time has and had pressure on them so that excuse for her is worthless. She fudged up, was embarrassed after all her gloating, and quit on the team and her country during the middle of competition in front of the whole world. She will have to deal with that guilt.

IMO that guilt and embarrassment would be a million times worse than any poor performance. In the end, when all the dust settles, she will be remembered for this stunt more so than the medals she’s won in the past.

Comment

Simone Biles mental issues

Suni Lee wins gold in the all around. An American remains on top…

Time for this to take over the headlines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Chad C; 07-29-2021, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                            Have any of y’all looked into her reason for quitting??? Didn’t think so . The “twistes” caused her to stop. It’s when your brain and your body aren’t in sinc. To help get over it the athletes use the foam pit to check.
                            How can all you armchair quarterbacks know what’s in her head ? No other sport compares to gymnastics. They truly fly thru the air spinning and land like it’s nothing at all. One mistake could cost them their life. Apparently she had doubts about her routine. So she pulled out and let someone else compete. It’s all about the numbers. I have no doubt that if she was 100% they would have won gold. But at least the team managed silver with her gone.
                            On local sports radio yesterday they had a gold medal gymnast yesterday, she said, Biles had the twistes. I developed the hooks and the shanks once. I could tell it was going to happen before I ever hit the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Not sure if this has been mentiined but supposedly they were going to penalize her for doing things the otgers cannot so. Some way of levelling the playing field. They are saying she pulled out because she would have had to completely redo her routines and such. If she didn't it would have cost her team.

Perhaps she isn't a quitter afterall.

She was not going to be penalized and no rules have changed, its a lie to strike a emotional cord with some. The issue was if she would get even higher difficulty scores or not, but she was good enough to win, but she freaking quit…

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                How in the world have y'all not heard this? [emoji15]

I heard it on tv briefly

Then I have read about the twisties and it’s dangerous
                                US gymnast Simone Biles said she was "having a little bit of the twisties".
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-29-2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X