Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Just admit comparing quitting a competition to the act of rape is just stupid

And I didn't call you a fool.....it was foo!

Now I'm off to a better butt-hurt thread!
    No I was comparing your reaction is different, and it shouldn't be. She did something wrong (quit on her team) and a rapist, etc do something wrong and we don't condone it. But I will just chalk it up "personal decision" on your part. Good day foo

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
      This is the point I was trying to make earlier...Game 7 bottom of the 9th up one run, your best closer can't find the plate, what do you do?
      You do a mound visit, tell him to pull his head out of his arse and get after it. But the comparison doesn't work, because in the scenario, the closer just quits, walks off the mound and now you have to figure out who is gonna pitch now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
        You do a mound visit, tell him to pull his head out of his arse and get after it. But the comparison doesn't work, because in the scenario, the closer just quits, walks off the mound and now you have to figure out who is gonna pitch now.
        You've never seen a pitcher tell his manager that he doesn't have it that day?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Good financial move on her part. I can see it now. What happened to Simon? The true untold story. A book deal in the future. A sob interview with Oprah. Endorsements. Weak people love stuff like that. It reassures them that it’s okay to be a failure.
          Yep. I agree 100%. I was listening to the Jesse Kelly podcast this morning and he touched on this as well. If anyone is a podcast listener, I would recommend putting him in the rotation.

Comment

Here's the problem with your argument..... The closer can't be the closer forever! Eventually he walks away. No matter how much you yell at him and pump him up he keeps giving up bombs.... Instead of giving up a bomb the closer, in this case biles, tells the coach she is done. Coach brings in another pitcher to finish the game.

Comment

If it was any other athlete that did this and not a “little girl”, they would be getting hammered. Imagine Tom Brady quitting at halftime of a super bowl because it’s too “stressful”. He would be absolutely destroyed.

Comment

The same folks would be bitching had she competed broke her neck and the USA didn’t medal. They would have said, she should have let the alternate compete. I’ve seen that movie plenty on TBH.

Comment

Andrew Luck did something similar and was booed by the fans, and it was just a preseason game.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    The same folks would be bitching had she competed broke her neck and the USA didn’t medal. They would have said, she should have let the alternate compete. I’ve seen that movie plenty on TBH.
                    Your right about that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                      Here's the problem with your argument..... The closer can't be the closer forever! Eventually he walks away. No matter how much you yell at him and pump him up he keeps giving up bombs.... Instead of giving up a bomb the closer, in this case biles, tells the coach she is done. Coach brings in another pitcher to finish the game.
                      The coach didn't bring in a new pitcher, this "pitcher" just walked off the mound in the middle of all this. And then made him/herself feel better by saying I just wanted to give someone else a chance. C'mon man. Winners don't always have it, and they fail, but one thing for sure is they don't quit on themselves, their team, or their dreams. But Simon did and somehow its a good thing....

Comment

My take was she got the equivalent of the "yips" with that vault. Horrible time for it to happen, but it has happened to plenty of athletes.

It would seem she bowed out to try to give the team a shot.

I guess we will see if she is able to overcome whatever is going on and tackle the individual events.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

The coach didn't bring in a new pitcher, this "pitcher" just walked off the mound in the middle of all this. And then made him/herself feel better by saying I just wanted to give someone else a chance. C'mon man. Winners don't always have it, and they fail, but one thing for sure is they don't quit on themselves, their team, or their dreams. But Simon did and somehow its a good thing....
                          Pitchers can't kill themselves by throwing a ball at themselves either! This girl could have died by making a mistake. Have you watched her go flying through the air at incredible speeds? There's a big diference when your life could be on the line.

Comment

No I was comparing your reaction is different, and it shouldn't be. She did something wrong (quit on her team) and a rapist, etc do something wrong and we don't condone it. But I will just chalk it up "personal decision" on your part. Good day foo
                            Maybe have an adult help you next time with your comparison, unless you think rape is a competition
                            Last edited by Traildust; 07-28-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Johnny Miller had the yips so bad he couldn’t putt. Chuck Knoblauch couldn’t throw a baseball from 2nd to 1st. Ian Baker Finch would snap hook the ball so bad he couldn’t even finish a round. Let alone flipping through the air trying not to become a quadriplegic.

Comment

Who cares? It's gymnastics. Lol.

She's a quitter. Soft society today. Woke.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X