This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
    anyone think the big12 will collapse before 2025?
    Depends if there is more money to be made by holding together from OU/UT exit or joining another conference. I think I read somewhere the bylaws state as few as only 4 teams can remain and still receive exit fees from the others. It would be in the best interest of the teams leaving to help find landing spots for at least 5 of the remaining teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Technically, 4 more need to jump ship. The clock is ticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I think its 5

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
        I think its 5

6 total that’s more than half. That was my understanding.

Comment

There's not really a good spot currently for most of these other teams, Kansas could find a spot, West Virginia I don't really think so. 7 will probably stick together for awhile and pull or merge with American conference.

Comment

TTU, Ok St, Baylor, Kansas and possibly KSU to AAC

Comment

Originally posted by narco1 View Post
              ttu, ok st, baylor, ksu and possibly kansas to aac
              fify

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                fify
                Where do you think Kansas goes?

Comment

Where do you think Kansas goes?
                  Big 10, KSU is the weakest state school in the Big 12

Comment

It's all about the money and TV rights. Nothing else. Greed is a funny thing. Sucks for those like me that have always enjoyed the Texas school rivalries and playing each other every yr. I'm sure the folks in Stillwater are extremely ****** their dance partner just betrayed them.

Comment

Big 10, KSU is the weakest state school in the Big 12
                      Guess that will be determined the direction the Big 10 wants to go. If they want to improve football prestige to stay with SEC then Kansas is out
                      Last edited by narco1; 07-26-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I read something about the AAC becoming the 5th so called power 5. Something about the success of a few teams the last few years and the teams added.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess that will be the direction the Big 10 wants to go. If they want to improve football prestige to stay with SEC then Kansas is out
                          There are no strong football schools left, they go to the next metric fan base size for ratings and basketball, Kansas wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            I read something about the AAC becoming the 5th so called power 5. Something about the success of a few teams the last few years and the teams added.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            They've been screaming they are in the Power 6 for years now, it was one of their main marketing points

Comment

There are no strong football schools left, they go to the next metric fan base size for ratings and basketball, Kansas wins.
                              Kansas obviously holds value in basketball and that could land them in the Big 10. I think there is a possibility with UT & OU moving this could create a huge domino effect for other conferences "poaching" in an attempt to match the SEC in football since it is the biggest market.

Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                6 total that’s more than half. That was my understanding.

This is my understanding as well. This is the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope for TCU. If 4 of these teams find landing spots, they can dissolve the conference and TX/OU don't have to pay anything. The CDC connection could ultimately pay off for TCU in that aspect. Unless TX/OU think they can get out of it legally........

Comment

Working...
                                X