No announcement yet.

Best pellet grill under $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful on the Pit Boss wifi controllers. They are having a lot of connectivity issues.
    Discussion forum for Pit Boss Grill owners and enthusiasts. Learn about Pellet Grills and talk with other owners! Tips, Contests, Recipes, How-to's, and more

Hopefully you guys are getting the ones that actually work. I have one of the Wifi versions from Lowe's at my office and it has the same issues and it takes nearly an hour to get to 300F due to the PID controller. I left a message and sent numerous emails since last October and still haven't heard back and on their website it shows my ticket as open. I finally got a hold of someone and they said they don't have any parts in stock and won't for another 3 months so return it to the store.

Comment

I have a Green Mountain Daniel Boone I bought 3-4 years ago.

If I was to do it over again, I don't think I would buy a GMG brand, too many issues with it.

I think the bigger question you should add to your inquiry is based on a person’s review, how long have they owned the grill they are providing a review on.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
        Be careful on the Pit Boss wifi controllers. They are having a lot of connectivity issues.
        Discussion forum for Pit Boss Grill owners and enthusiasts. Learn about Pellet Grills and talk with other owners! Tips, Contests, Recipes, How-to's, and more

Hopefully you guys are getting the ones that actually work. I have one of the Wifi versions from Lowe's at my office and it has the same issues and it takes nearly an hour to get to 300F due to the PID controller. I left a message and sent numerous emails since last October and still haven't heard back and on their website it shows my ticket as open. I finally got a hold of someone and they said they don't have any parts in stock and won't for another 3 months so return it to the store.
        I assume you're letting it go through its start up stage before then setting the temp? Also, have you tried setting it to 400+ and then once it hits or goes above 300 backing it down to 300? I set mine way above what I need and it climbs much faster then I back it down to what I want.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay, here is my problem. I think the temp sensor is out of whack. In this pic, I have the control set to 180 degrees. I put my thermometer in to see what the difference is. As you can see, the control panel is at 170ish and the box already over 200. On this unit, 180 is as low as you can set it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Over 30 posts on this thread and not single post about manbuns, skinny jeans, or 6.5CMs... what is this place coming to??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have 2 RecTeqs and could not be happier. The Bull, 700 is around 1200. 00 but we also added it’s little sister, the Bullseye, 380. It’s under 400.00. It’s a kettle type grill but is fed by pellets too.

Comment

Anyone mess with the Z grills?

Lots of good reviews

Comment

Pit Boss Austin XL. They run about $500

Comment

How many of yall have a wifi pitboss that works? I was about to buy one till i saw all the negative reviews on them not connecting and not heating up very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                      I've tried them all and you can't go wrong with the Cuisinart or Pit Boss pellet grills at Walmart but the best pellet smoker for the $$ is the Even Embers pellet smoker sold at Tractor Supply for $299. It's actually thicker and heavier than the Pit Boss smoker and $100 less and very highly rated:
                      https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...t-smoker-grill
                      I caught one of these on sale for $249 and snagged it for the deer lease. Haven't had a chance to take it down and use it yet. Looking forward to trying it

Comment

Recteq. Get the RT700.

Tad over 500 but well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Anyone mess with the Z grills?

Lots of good reviews

We have one and we love it

Have not had any real issues that make us hate it
                          The temp does not hold consistent but I don’t really care
                          Only 5-7 degrees off from the setting we have it on

Other than that we cook on it 3-4 times a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Which z grill do you have? They are way higher rated on lowes and HD sites than the pit boss. I like the idea of the wifi control, just not sure i need it

Comment

Find a good used green mountain grills I have 3 and not one has had an issue yet

Comment

Wow no love to the Traeger? I can’t say how a Pit Boss or any others do since I’ve only had the one Traeger and not that long either, but it has been great. Super easy to use and makes smoking meat as easy as boiling water.

Comment

Working...
                                X