No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man really pulling for you!...all caught up was hoping u had a sighting this past weekend. Let me know if you get him on the ground and would like someone to score him. I am official scorer for TBGA and not far from you at all. I Would enjoy the chance to measure him

Comment

Wow. Following

Comment

Man he is a stud. Good luck with him. That left side is cool

Comment

I read this thread from start to finish last night. Awesome place you have for sure! Can't wait to see what goes down as you push through the season. Good luck to ya!

Comment

Thanks guys, had to go fix a feeder today and checked the cameras, no pics of him. Last sighting was at 2am on tbe 25th. Its pretty frustrating. I will be down there either friday afternoon or for sure saturday for the cold front. The 10pt he was running with was there early this morning and i baited up a spot that he was hitting a fewmonths ago, just gotta sit and hope at this point.

All ive heard that was killed around me this weekend was a doe...so far.

I wanna yell right now.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong because I've been following this since last year and I'd love to see you kill him, but I think your deer is summering on your place and moving off in the fall.

I fed protein all summer. I've been throwing corn since June. I've been hauling water to troughs. I got my first buck pic a week ago. It is like this every year. I have no bucks in the summer and they start showing up in October. When they show up, they stay all fall and into spring when they disappear again until the next fall. It is frustrating.

Comment

well sadly, i agree. thats one of the reasons i tried the food plots this year to keep as much food on my place as possible with hopes that he would stick around through the season. i dont see many older bucks at all through the season.

there is a piece of land, about 250 acres or so, close to me that ia not hunted and i have always thought he moved to, i was ready to pull out some $$ this year to try to hunt it if needed but found out a few weeks ago it was recently acquired by the sabine river authority, thus killing any hopes of hunting there....

Comment

also, i have a buddy whose place is similar to yours, he literally doesnt see a buck all summer but in october they start flooding in, and big ones.

Comment

Pm sent back

Comment

I hope we are wrong and he slips up this weekend. It should be a good weekend for it.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        I hope we are wrong and he slips up this weekend. It should be a good weekend for it.
                        thanks man, hope.

Comment

wow good luck

Comment

In the pop up this morning, nothing but skeeters so far.

Comment

I hope he shows for you.

Comment

Only a couple does with their fawns, the afternoon has to be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X