No announcement yet.

Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went on my first 2 duck hunts this year, one about a month ago and the 2nd was on Tuesday. I can see how some become addicted [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Seeing a trend. Everyone has gaddies and teal. Not seeing the green yet. Where be the mallards!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
        Seeing a trend. Everyone has gaddies and teal. Not seeing the green yet. Where be the mallards!?

Big ducks are further north. It’s not been cold enough to push many at all down. There are only a few starting to show up, up here.
        Attached Files

Comment

Gaddies and teal as well down in the coastal marshes.....I am not complaining one bit. Based upon the reports elsewhere, ducks are few and far between.

Comment

We did good in Webb County. Gadwall,Widgeon, Blue and Greenwing teal with a few Ringnecks mixed in. Tough to hide Belle in brush across those tanks but I think she likes my coat. LOL!Pretty good number’s down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a nice shoot this morning in Fort Bend Co. 6 woodies and 3 mallards.

Comment

Man we got skunked this morning in Crosby cty. Hunted a new playa that is holding a couple thousand ducks and geese. But hunting a new place is always a bit humbling up here. We watched flock after flock dump into the opposite side. We had chosen to hunt based on the wind and a known road we could use to get closer access to the water. The few small groups we managed to get never really decoyed, just gave us close passes. Stupid pintails circled for hours and never committed. All this with **** poor shooting made for long boring morning. We managed a lone mallard drake.

But we have a better plan for hunting them next time.

Comment

We finally starting busting them up pretty good the last two days.

Comment

Had a great hunt yesterday.

Comment

Had a good weekend of chasing birds
                      Attached Files

Comment

I had already posted these pics in a thread earlier today before I noticed this thread. Here they are again. 6 man limit of Mallards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ducks.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	24566987

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duck2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	24566988

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                          Had a good weekend of chasing birds
                          Looks like yall got a killer spoonie.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                            Had a great hunt yesterday.

Do you have any better pictures of the bird on the far right? Almost looks like a mottled duck or some kind of hybrid. Has the bill of a mallard drake but not the right feather coloration.

Comment

Originally posted by skooter View Post
                              A little “classic” action this morning on a pond near the house.

Happy New Year.

Skooter

Love that gun!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brandon View Post
                                Do you have any better pictures of the bird on the far right? Almost looks like a mottled duck or some kind of hybrid. Has the bill of a mallard drake but not the right feather coloration.

I saw that after the fact. I believe it was a black duck maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X