No announcement yet.

Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s the same to me. Support is support and I bought steaks at HEB last night. I just go about life and try my best to ignore what I don’t care for. I see sports as nothing more than entertainment. I watch movies when my wife wants to as well. I really don’t care what the folks on the screen do as long as I’m entertained. If I’m watching football it’s the same. Turned on the Cowboys for about 15-20 minutes yesterday and didn’t hear any political BS or see anything different. Didn’t see any close ups of helmets or tennis shoes or whatever. Kinda like the radio- There are a lot of songs I enjoy that there is someone singing I don’t share any common interests or values. I figure they can have their own views and that is their right. NFL owners and Commish are at fault here. Make rules nothing political on field- period. Bring the teams out when it’s time to play. If they want to stand- kneel- lay down the can do it in the locker room.

What about Budweiser, Coors, Ford, Chevorlet- they are all advertising during these sporting events.

Comment

If it weren’t for my FF Team, I wouldn’t watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        These places support BLM which supports everything you just mentioned. What am I missing here?
        Does HEB have a rapist's name displayed through the store in support of BLM?? Do they even have a BLM sign?? Do they have a statement about their employees rights to kneel for the NA??

I just went to Apple, Microsoft & Amazon's home pages & not one thing about BLM.

None of these are preaching the gospel...why can't the NFL put out a message we support blm, but we are not a platform for politics & leave it at that??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I go to NFL.com & see this link on the home page:

These jack holes are forcing this crap on the viewers knowing the majority don't want politics in the sport...I chose no longer to support the game I enjoy because I LOVE my country, those who died for her freedom & those first responders / military who stand in the gap infinitely MORE.

The NFL is dead to me.

I don't think I need to explain myself any further on the matter as there is clearly a huge difference...I'm out, gonna go kill some birds.
        Last edited by Artos; 09-14-2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          HEB, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon all support BLM. Guess a lot of folks gonna have a bunch of stuff to destroy tonight.
          Glen, is this you? I think someone hacked Glen's account. J/K

The way I think, it's a lot like buying Chinese carp. I would rather buy American made products (John Deere mower vs. China carp) but, dang it, sometimes I have no choice (and price doesn't enter in the equation). I don't shop HEB, but do shop Kroger instead. I have used Amazon (fishing gear) because stores around here are empty. But, I do have a choice and I will not watch, listen or even talk about the NFL because of their stance supporting BLM/antifa vs cops and America. Death to terrorists! and terrorist organizations!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            This is an absolute lie ... This is why media and people suck at times.
            Whats a lie?

Comment

For the love of God the NFL did not have a rapists name displayed anywhere.

Y'all are using liberal tactics. Make sure it is true before you mention it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sabine. It’s me. I can’t keep up with all the idiots and who they support. NFL players all have a different stance so you can’t group all players in one basket. It’s kinda like music. I like Bruce Springsteen. I do try to buy American made. But I do shop at HEB because they are closest to my house

Comment

When did we stop being a country free to like what we want? You don't like the NFL, then stop watching it. Simple. Stop taking up space on here trying to recruit followers.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Sabine. It’s me. I can’t keep up with all the idiots and who they support. NFL players all have a different stance so you can’t group all players in one basket. It’s kinda like music. I like Bruce Springsteen. I do try to buy American made. But I do shop at HEB because they are closest to my house
                    Man, I was down at Rockport and it was nice. Didn't get to fish or gig but maybe this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      For the love of God the NFL did not have a rapists name displayed anywhere.

Y'all are using liberal tactics. Make sure it is true before you mention it.

They absolutely did. The whole team put his name on their helmet in their practice.

Roy Moore was dragged through the mud as evil scum for accusations similar to those Jacob Blake’s girlfriend made to police, but Blake is being sainted.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                        They absolutely did. The whole team put his name on their helmet in their practice.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/02...on-his-helmet/
                        So is this true or not?

We have at least two here swearing it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          So is this true or not?

We have at least two here swearing it didn't happen.
                          Practice. Not a game. The NFL does not run the teams practices.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            I haven't watched as much the last few years but don't plan to watch any this year. Actually cut the Direct TV off last week, live sports was the only excuse I had for keeping it. The Astros hurt more than NFL but I haven't watched a single pitch since they decided to wear those shirts on opening day.
                            Same here

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Question for those who still watch NFL

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Practice. Not a game. The NFL does not run the teams practices.

I guess the team changed their minds on game day?

Some have moral conviction and some don’t. Some have principles that are worth making sacrifices for and some don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                                I guess the team changed their minds on game day?

Some have moral conviction and some don’t. Some have principles that are worth making sacrifices for and some don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                The NFL doesn't allow random stuff on your uniform. It has to be league wide.

Comment

Working...
                                X