The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    New 4k Wraith.... did I see that it now has a rechargeable battery & does audio? any other notable upgrades on it?
    That's correct. Internal rechargeable battery, estimates are about 8 hours of run time. It will also take an external USB battery pack. And yes sir, it records video and audio. The biggest upgrade is going to be the resolution, it will be 4000x3000 pixels.

A really big improvement in my mind is that it will be a 3x base magnification, which is really going to be better for most hog hunters. The 4x of the Wraith HD is more than a lot of people need. We will be reviewing them as soon as possible and current ETA is around March from what I was told. Price is $799 and we've already got some pre-orders rolling in.

Description    The Sightmark Wraith 4K Max 3-24x50 is the second digital night vision scope in the Wraith family. The original Wraith HD was released in 2019 and took the market by storm, quickly becoming the best selling night vision scope on the market. With the release of the Wraith 4K, Sightmark is taking an extrem

Originally posted by SAC View Post
    Best battery pack and QD mount for Apex xq38?
    The only options are the Pulsar EPS3 and EPS5, both of which have been discontinued since summer 2019, however, you can find them on eBay and a few random places. If you see an online store advertising one as "in stock", you need to confirm that before you buy since they've been gone for several months. They are excellent battery packs though!

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
    Jason, any chance Pulsar will upgrade existing Axion XM30 units to the new XM30S if you already own the older unit? Send it in and get upgraded???
    No sir, they won't be able to do upgrades like that. These thermals are very intricate and they don't just swap parts around etc. I know it would be nice but they just aren't set up for that kind of thing anyway, especially here in the US. I wish the answer was different.

I know it sucks to buy something and then the price drops or the model gets an upgrade a few weeks or months later and I can totally feel the pain. Unfortunately, this is just the problem with consumer electronics. If you buy today, the price or model might change tomorrow but if you try to wait to purchase then you'll never find the right time to buy. It's tough. Heck it's not just electronics....anyone want to buy 2 Ruger LCP .380's? I paid $349/each for them and now they are $199 and were $149 at Christmas.

Comment

Here are the SHOT Show updates that we released on The Late Night Vision Show.

Last edited by Outdoor Legacy; 02-02-2020, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jason. I pretty much new the answer already, but it didn’t cost anything to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
          Noticed my new truck was quieter then the ranger (but a lot of things are quieter then a diesel crew...) so she got a mud test tonight.

Heated seats are niiiiiice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not enough mud, not enough blood!

Comment

Posting Photos

Originally posted by cmwessels View Post
            Can’t figure out how to post videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Same here trying to post photos. Wish I could get help ???

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
              Thanks Jason. I pretty much new the answer already, but it didn’t cost anything to ask.
              Absolutely correct, never hurts to ask and every once in a while you are pleasantly surprised at the answer!

Comment

Lights

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                Staying tuned. I am using a Sig Echo now. Works good for the 100-125 yards from the porch to the creek.
                Looking for suggestions on Sniper Hog Lights. I would like get one of these to mount on one of my rifles. I don't want to spend Thousands of $$$ right now on some of these scopes. Does any one here own one these are they fairly nice for the price. I have a decent amount Hogs on place I need to get rid of. Thanks for the help.

Comment

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                  Looking for suggestions on Sniper Hog Lights. I would like get one of these to mount on one of my rifles. I don't want to spend Thousands of $$$ right now on some of these scopes. Does any one here own one these are they fairly nice for the price. I have a decent amount Hogs on place I need to get rid of. Thanks for the help.

Your in luck, Jason and Hans cover this very topic a few weeks ago:

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                  Not enough mud, not enough blood!

Your absolutely right, but I did get it on video this time

I’ve got a big sounder out here roaming over 5-6 properties, they seem to know when I’m out and when I’m not. Got the .308 lubed up and another 800ac on the other side of their range I’m hoping to surprise them on soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looking to get my first thermal. Would y’all recommend a readily available Trail XQ38 or get on a waiting list for a Thermion XM38? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                      Looking to get my first thermal. Would y’all recommend a readily available Trail XQ38 or get on a waiting list for a Thermion XM38? Thanks.
                      Trail xq38 is a great scope with 2.2x base magnification, the Therminion xm38 is 4x. Depends on what type country you are hunting. I would get the Therminion xq38 2.5x over the Trail xq38.
                      Last edited by RMW; 02-05-2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        Trail xq38 is a great scope with 2.2x base magnification, the Therminion xm38 is 4x. Depends on what type country you are hunting. I would get the Therminion xq38 2.5x over the Trail xq38.
                        Thanks. Just hard to be patient Lol

Comment

Thanks. Just hard to be patient Lol
                          I hear ya!

Just to be clear

Trail xq38- 2.2x
                          Therminion xq38- 2.5x
                          Therminion xm38- 4x

Comment

The Trail XQ38 (and all the non-LRF Trails) have been officially discontinued as of January 1, 2020. There are probably still a few around on shelves but we sold out at the beginning of the month. It's definitely a great scope but the new Thermion XQ38 is supposed to be released around June and it will have a new display screen and a new improved thermal core and both of those should provide sharper, crisper and more detailed image quality than the Trail XQ38. If you just can't wait the Trail is a great option and I'm sure you'd be happy with it but if this is a long term purchase and you can wait a few months, I'd consider waiting on the Thermion XQ38.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                              The Trail XQ38 (and all the non-LRF Trails) have been officially discontinued as of January 1, 2020. There are probably still a few around on shelves but we sold out at the beginning of the month. It's definitely a great scope but the new Thermion XQ38 is supposed to be released around June and it will have a new display screen and a new improved thermal core and both of those should provide sharper, crisper and more detailed image quality than the Trail XQ38. If you just can't wait the Trail is a great option and I'm sure you'd be happy with it but if this is a long term purchase and you can wait a few months, I'd consider waiting on the Thermion XQ38.

Jason
                              Good to know on the Thermion XQ38. Been wondering the release date.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post

Jason
                                Thanks. I’ve been listening to your podcast every chance I get. Including today Lol. Compared to regular scopes, 3x9 is super common and probably on almost all of my rifles in the safe. Is the base 4x of the Thermion really that big of a difference? Right now we hunt 350 acres 65% fields but I do have access to a lot of more dense growth pine leases also. Definitely a toss up to wait it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X