X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
    That ones a 7.62 x 39 palmetto state

That’s what I thought, I’m jonesing reeeeeeeal bad for one of those! 7.62x39 in a AR15 weight? Chuuiiute yea!

How’s it cycling with the suppressor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      How long is a long time? 3,5,or 10 min

Is it just pressing one button
      Man to be honest I couldn’t tell you. I’ve just made it a habit to automatically do it every few minutes.. I know I’ve gone at least 5 minutes without hitting the Nuc. Yes it’s just one button to hit and extremely easy to do. Now that I’m used to the layout of the buttons, I find it really easy to operate.

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
      That’s what I thought, I’m jonesing reeeeeeeal bad for one of those! 7.62x39 in a AR15 weight? Chuuiiute yea!

I’ve swapped over to exclusively shooting the 7.62 x 39 on my thermals. I run a 10.5” Radical firearms pistol with my pulsar and the 16” PSA with my Nvision. They sure are handy to carry. The pistol is perfect for long stalks.

It’s functioned pretty well. I’ll have a jam every now and then but it’s easy to clear. The biggest thing with the x39 caliber is good mags. C product mags are the only way to go.

Comment

How long is a long time? 3,5,or 10 min

Is it just pressing one button

I’ve got a Halo as well and from my experience it’s once every five minutes for the first 15-20 minutes you have it on and it’s warming up, you may get some lines creeping after that but it’s very limited afterwards. I’ve never had an issue or noticed having to do it too much, it’s a quick flap and button push and 3 seconds later you’re back in action, usually easy to do when moving down a trail or from spot to spot. If you miss something in that 3-4 seconds you probably didn’t have much of a chance anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Primary Weapons Systems baby!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
            Anyone have feed back on the Thor 4 384 scopes?

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
              Anyone have feed back on the Thor 4 384 scopes?
              You won't find a lot of love for ATN from a lot of experienced night vision/thermal users. ATN has become known for cheap scopes with lots of bells and whistles but the quality control and customer service are not up to par with what most people are looking for when spending this kind of money. I quit selling their optics 3+ years ago after endless problems and countless unhappy customers. Customer service, warranty repair and quality control can range from a fiasco to a three ring circus. My advice, don't let the prices and frills tempt you. There are a lot of better, more reliable options out there.

My disclaimer is, one day this could change and they could get their act together and I'm rooting for them but they definitely aren't there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
                Jason

I have the Armasight Zeus 336

I am wanting to video record but was wondering if there is a cheaper or better route than the Flir DVR?

I found a few cables on your website but I am not sure what else to buy.
                Sure thing, glad to help. You need this....

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

And you'll need a custom recording cable for the Zeus. This is it.... It's out of stock but send me a PM and I can have one in 24 hours. I don't stock the Zeus cable anymore because there aren't a lot of people buying MDVR's for them now days.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                  You won't find a lot of love for ATN from a lot of experienced night vision/thermal users. ATN has become known for cheap scopes with lots of bells and whistles but the quality control and customer service are not up to par with what most people are looking for when spending this kind of money. I quit selling their optics 3+ years ago after endless problems and countless unhappy customers. Customer service, warranty repair and quality control can range from a fiasco to a three ring circus. My advice, don't let the prices and frills tempt you. There are a lot of better, more reliable options out there.

My disclaimer is, one day this could change and they could get their act together and I'm rooting for them but they definitely aren't there yet.
                  Amen! Behind closed doors its not a good group to deal with for these reasons. Their QC and CS are not good

Thinking halo 25mm is what I need, but not sure about the Nuc process on these. Manually nucing all the time might be a deal breaker for me, my buddy has a reap ir and he hates it.

Watched Hans review and didn’t hear him mention anything about it, maybe I missed it.
                  I don't think its a problem with my Reap. I am used to it. BUT auto nuc would be pretty cool.

But not a deal breaker to me, but image quality and other things are more important

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                    Sure thing, glad to help. You need this....

And you'll need a custom recording cable for the Zeus. This is it.... It's out of stock but send me a PM and I can have one in 24 hours. I don't stock the Zeus cable anymore because there aren't a lot of people buying MDVR's for them now days.

- Jason
                    Thanks Jason I sent you a PM look forward to doing business with you

Comment

Best place to get the Pulsar Thermion XM 38?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        Best place to get the Pulsar Thermion XM 38?

Talk to Outdoor Legacy

Comment

Talk to Outdoor Legacy

Yep. Jason will get you hooked up. Prices are all the same across the board. I looked and looked for deals on a Thermion a while back and every single place had the same price. So I went with outdoor legacy bc they have great CS and reviews.

Comment

Hey guys this is breaking news and I don't want to say a whole lot until I have all the details as hard fact but it appears that FLIR will be closing their OTS (Outdoor Tactical Systems) division that makes all the consumer/hunting thermal scopes. What does this mean exactly? Mainly, the FLIR brand of thermal scopes will no longer be produced and sold. I'm working with my FLIR contacts to get more information and I have full faith that they will be honoring all warranties since the greater FLIR corporation is a Fortune 500 company and their other divisions will remain intact and in operation.

More news when we have it.

Jason

Comment

FLIR has a pretty good line of thermal scopes, wonder what caused this decision.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                Man I wish their video looked like that thru the eyepiece. Their videos are legit and so much better then the actual eyepiece.
                                My experience has been the opposite. I feel like there is some quality/clarity lost from what you see in the eye piece vs what it looks like after you downloaded it to your computer and then uploaded it to youtube. I will admit my experience has only been with Pulsar so I am not sure about the Flir.

Comment

Working...
                                X