Leon County property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
    So please explain to me how a train will ruin hunting.
    I've seen wildlife run to a train track that drops a bit a grain right after the train goes by.
    And why is a safe/fast commute between 2 huge cities bad.
    Some of the worst wrecks I've ever seen have been on that road
    Would you want to be forced to sell your own property for pennies on the dollar?

Comment

Originally posted by KBM View Post
      Would you want to be forced to sell your own property for pennies on the dollar?
      That and some people simply don’t want to be forced to have a **** train running through their property. I wouldn’t.

Comment

I'm against it but if it happens it will be used. I work with lots of folks that regularly fly round trip between Houston - Dallas , Houston - San Antonio, and Dallas - San Antonio. Then just take uber or a cab to there meeting.

Comment

I've seen wildlife run to a train track that drops a bit a grain right after the train goes by.
          250 + miles of two high fences.
          Co Roads and FM roads will have to have some type of crossings.
          Ranch roads will be dead ended.
          Many, many low areas have to be built up from first taken from somewhere. Leeching creek goes from feet wide to hundreds of yards wide every huge rain
          200+ mph crash’s and derailments.

BTW there won’t be any grain on the track.
          Is it ok if We route it thru your yard and we pay you a small portion of what your house is worth?

Comment

I dont know how, or if it will affect hunting. I dont know if it will be effective or how many will use it. I do know I am absolutely against the forced sale of land by imminent domain, I dont care how much they pay. If you dont want to sell your land then you shouldnt be forced to sell it especially for the benefit of a private foreign entity.

Comment

Land grab! Anyone remember the Super Conducting Super Collider. The politicians sure hope you don’t. Took land that had been settled by some of these people’s ancestors. Waisted over 2 billion taxpayers money. Only to go under and sell off all the land. They ended up building a smaller example of one in Switzerland or somewhere. I don’t think it has saved a single life. It was going to save us all. If you don’t think they can take our land for a train look at this.
              ://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconducting_Super_Collider
              Last edited by Mohawkman; 11-16-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                We joined the fight against high speed rail last year.

Very strange situation. Big city people don’t care about the rail cutting thru generations of family owned ranches. The owners like me are ready to go to war

Well, yesterday we got an offer for half the property. At 25% of the market price

A real sketchy offer totally unsolicited. It reeks of shady land grab.

For all those not familiar with the situation, this is a private railroad with no rights of condemnation along a route from Dallas to west of Houston.

Anyone else get an offer like this?

Big pig.

If your a member of the Texas Cattle Raisers I bet they can help. They have been in the fight against eminent domain & use of easements. Give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It can be privately owned and still have the right of condemnation. All pipelines that I know of are not connected to the government. Many of them can/do have eminent domain. I can see where it makes some people unhappy, but also can see where nothing would ever get constructed if they didn't have it. I had to give up almost 4 acres of property for a highway widening project several years ago. I was given appraised value for the property and assets, But I couldn't refuse the acquisition, or even demand that the property be taken from the other side of the highway.
                  Last edited by softpoint; 11-16-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    250 + miles of two high fences.
                    Co Roads and FM roads will have to have some type of crossings.
                    Ranch roads will be dead ended.
                    Many, many low areas have to be built up from first taken from somewhere. Leeching creek goes from feet wide to hundreds of yards wide every huge rain
                    200+ mph crash’s and derailments.

BTW there won’t be any grain on the track.
                    Is it ok if We route it thru your yard and we pay you a small portion of what your house is worth?
                    Supposedly it’s going to be elevated with no crossings, I don’t know why they don’t go right down the middle of 45!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                      Supposedly it’s going to be elevated with no crossings, I don’t know why they don’t go right down the middle of 45!

This would solve a lot of problems but I'm sure there's some complications with that also. Imagine what it would do to traffic during construction and maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If it was just about having high speed rail they have the land. Run it right down 45. If it is about less traffick and moving people They have the infrastructure to have passenger trains in place now. Of course it would take 3 hours instead of 1.5. I would set on a train for 3 hours not to have to drive. LAND GRAB.

Comment

History question here if anyone can answer... Did the Fed do something similar when Eisenhower had the interstates constructed? Think how many people were affected by that.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                            Southwest sell tickets for $49
                            Cheap. .but you have to do the TA crap....oh wait...they may do that too...

Comment

This is the same song...second verse of the Alaska pipe line....going to cut off side of land...mess up normal animal crossings....and once it was built....hasn't slowed animals or traffic...cause they built those into it...what I understand is it will be a raised track...so access will be easy for those that run cattle. And no one talks about the Alaskin pipe line any more

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                                History question here if anyone can answer... Did the Fed do something similar when Eisenhower had the interstates constructed? Think how many people were affected by that.
                                Anytime a right of way is acquired, people have to give up/sell property. Reservoirs flood thousands of acres, pipelines, highways and rail systems all have to be built to serve the populace. Eminent domain has been around a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X