Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-c3-compact.html

carried one of these for a long time. awesome pistol. compact, concealable, but not a micro gun..
    My favorite .45 to carry. Accurate as they come. Always reliable.

Comment

STI Eagle commander.

Comment

I carry a 3” colt defender in.45acp about half the time and a G43 the other. I love my defender.

Comment

I have been carrying a smith and Wesson performance shop 1911 with a scandium frame every day for about five years now it is not to heavy and the frame is no tailed which is a must

Comment

Kimber pro carry II in 45acp. Lightweight frame. I can carry this all day in an IWB kydex holster

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
              I just like the 1911 feel vs. plastic gun. Maybe I’m crazy

I carry the RIA officer .45 in a OWB holster. carries good and shoots good.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I carry the Springfield EMP. Love it!

Comment

STI Duty One 3.0 in 9mm is awesome! Super accurate gun.

Comment

Carry a 1911 everyday. A govt model series 70 stainless. Most accurate duty weapon I’ve ever carried.

Comment

Colt Lightweight Officers ACP in either a Black Hills Leather OWB holster and Hanks gun belt or milt sparks summer special. Hardly know it's there. If you're going to do it, don't skimp on a holster and good belt. Buy once, cry once.

Comment

I use a webbed belt with a Blackhawk Serpa with my 1911 Lightweight Commander. It does a pretty good job.

Comment

I carry the 1911 in my avitar daily. It's a Kimber Tactical Pro II. 4" barrel but full size grip with mag well in .45acp. I'm a big tall guy and it doesn't bother me when driving, riding, sitting or walking.

It's been shot an awful lot and needs finishing now but it's been an extremely reliable handgun.

Comment

I carry a Para P12 double stack 1911 platform. 13 rounds of P+ 230gr pills makes me feel warm and fuzzy all day long.

Comment

I seldom carry my 5" SR1911, because of the weight and bulk.
                              I have found that a really good gun belt is a must. Also, canting the holster forward to where the barrel sort of points backwards helps to minimize the printing or grip sticking out.

If I could go back I'd probably still buy the same model and size. I don't personally see it as an everyday carry option since there are so many lighter options. It is fun to carry for nostalgia though.

Comment

In 1911 platform guns, I wouldn't go shorter than Commander size. The shortie's don't save you much weight, and are often much harder to make reliable. Not to say there aren't reliable ones out there, I've shot a few that were, but your chances of getting an officer's model with reliability problems are much greater than a Commander or full size. I love my 1911's, I have a couple that I have smithed together myself that shoot very good. But I usually carry a Springfield XD.

Comment

Working...
                                X