Corn prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn prices

If farmers are struggling so badly from low corn prices, why are bags of corn still going for $7-8? Sounds like price gouging.

Matters not. We will buy it regardless

Comment

Corn closed at $3.66/bushel today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
        Corn closed at $3.66/bushel today.

Bushel of corn weighs 56 lbs, so at $3.66 per, that is $.0654/lb or $3.27 for 50 lbs. The difference is the profit for those sellers in the supply chain.

I haven't checked the price at local elevators lately, but might just have to do that and if it is worth it, start buying in bulk again by filling my 96-gal trash can and hauling to the ranch to fill via buckets. Last time I did this I was saving about a buck per 50-lb sack over retail outlet prices. And at my age, it is easier to carry 5-gal buckets than 50 lb bags.

Comment

Sellers will sell for what the market will bear. Pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Bushel of corn weighs 56 lbs, so at $3.66 per, that is $.0654/lb or $3.27 for 50 lbs. The difference is the profit for those sellers in the supply chain.

I haven't checked the price at local elevators lately, but might just have to do that and if it is worth it, start buying in bulk again by filling my 96-gal trash can and hauling to the ranch to fill via buckets. Last time I did this I was saving about a buck per 50-lb sack over retail outlet prices. And at my age, it is easier to carry 5-gal buckets than 50 lb bags.

I bought from the elevators at $197/ton in the spring.

Comment

And packaging, cleaning and a lot of the corn being grown now is not feed grade corn it is fuel grade thanks to you ex president

Comment

Only elevators around here are in office buildings. Can’t buy cotton seed either. You can buy a spotlight at the Dairy Queen though.......

Comment

The apple flavoring adds to the cost

Comment

I payed $70 a 1000 last year. Haven’t checked with my source yet this year.

Comment

Pretty simple you are currently buying last years corn(probably bought a year ago)and that supply is shrinking. This year yield forecast are predicting high yield. Current price is for those wanting to contract(99%) or sell today
                      Last edited by Texans42; 08-13-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                        Matters not. We will buy it regardless

Bingo!!!

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I am paying $6 per 50 this weekend. Not as low as years past

Comment

Originally posted by Pthomas View Post
                            And packaging, cleaning and a lot of the corn being grown now is not feed grade corn it is fuel grade thanks to you ex president
                            Ex president (s)

Comment

It will get higher in price by December

Comment

Working...
                              X