Tomorrow, the First of my Last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow, the First of my Last!

Tomorrow will be the first day back for my kiddos at school BUT the start of my last year as a SEBSS teacher in Lubbock! Retiring in May unless I get extremely lucky and win the lottery!
    Never thought I would retire but things happen and I am looking forward to my last year, retiring and starting another chapter in my life and moving back to Central TX to be close to aging parents and family!

Retirement safari already booked so I cannot wait!

Congratulations and have fun! Be easy on the kids and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      Congratulations and have fun! Be easy on the kids and enjoy it.
      Thank you! I plan on it!

Comment

Jealous and congrats!!

Comment

Congrats!! Not an easy feat to make it to retirement in education!

Comment

Don't forget to use all those sick days Buck fever counts as sick leave.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              Don't forget to use all those sick days Buck fever counts as sick leave.
              From what I understand I get paid for what Sick Leave I have not used but not for my non duty or state personal leave. Am looking A LOT of state personal leave and non duty days I need to take!!!!!

Agreed on the Buck Fever!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                From what I understand I get paid for what Sick Leave I have not used but not for my non duty or state personal leave. Am looking A LOT of state personal leave and non duty days I need to take!!!!!

Agreed on the Buck Fever!
                I believe 50 state days counts for 1 whole semester- so if you have that many days, you can retire in January.

Comment

Thanks for all your hard work in education. My hats off to ya!
                  Retire in January and head home.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    Thanks for all your hard work in education. My hats off to ya!
                    Retire in January and head home.
                    The only way I retire early is for health reasons, family or myself, or if I win the lottery and it is a huge payday. These kids mean a lot to me and I am not sure I could leave without someone to take my place.
                    Hopefully when I retire, I will be in good health and live long and enjoy retirement!

Comment

Congrats! Thanks for helping the kids! Takes a special person to teach to those kids.
                      Here's to a long and happy retirement!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats, my wife starts her 19th year teaching tomorrow. How things have changed. She's wanting 15 more and call it quits

Comment

That’s awesome Doug, congrats on the hard work. If you make it over this way sometime, give me a hollar!

Comment

Working...
                              X